Shooting hand pain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think so Jezz.  And anyway, I don't see that would just affect my middle finger?

Nick's been very helpful on PM, so I'll be following his advice.  Needs to be OK for Thursday at OLSS!

Thanks CC, I'll look into that too.
It will effect your middle finger and to some extent your right hand ring finger as these two will be able to exert the most amount of grip pressure. Your trigger is limited because it is on the trigger and your little finger simply does not have the strength. Since putting a beaver tail forend back on my gun it has helped my tennis elbow no end.

Tight grips can be due to frustration, subconciously trying to eliminate recoil or poor gun fit, gun grip should be like golf just hard enough to hold and keep control of the gun, not wring its neck :biggrin:

teepee,

Does this happen in Nicola's company?

I've heard she can be a real pain?

Tony,

Just a little comment. Get it sorted properly, don't let it get a bit better and then accept that is as good as it gets.

I had an accident in February 2011, had five months of treatment and it seemed better but not perfect.

I have now had many months recently of poor sleep and discomfort, turns out it is the old injury and now I am looking at serious surgery.

Consultant told me today I should NOT have grinned and just put up with it thinking that was as good as I could expect.

Tony,

Just a little comment. Get it sorted properly, don't let it get a bit better and then accept that is as good as it gets.

I had an accident in February 2011, had five months of treatment and it seemed better but not perfect.

I have now had many months recently of poor sleep and discomfort, turns out it is the old injury and now I am looking at serious surgery.

Consultant told me today I should NOT have grinned and just put up with it thinking that was as good as I could expect.
what is wrong, Peter?

well by the sounds of it he is trying to wring the neck of his gun to breaking point, that or he has w*nkers cramp - both caused by gripping too hard :biggrin:

Pete, Nick has given me some good advice, but I'll go see the Doc, make sure it mends properly. 

Matt, I love the quack diagnosis, well done!

Sian, it's bearable, thanks for asking!  It didn't flare up after OLSS on Thursday, which leads me to believe it's not entirely shooting related, thankfully.  I'll see how it is after Weston on Sunday, but I'll see the Doc anyway.

It is nothing to do with the gun Tony the way you shot it Thursday.

Get it sorted though mate, I would not wish to continue shooting without you around, so we can listen to your abuse and general views on life.

You could always neck a bottle of Port get gout in your foot, forget about the hand pain! :alcoholic:

take care and get better mate.

It is nothing to do with the gun Tony the way you shot it Thursday.
Get it sorted though mate, I would not wish to continue shooting without you around, so we can listen to your abuse and general views on life.

You could always neck a bottle of Port get gout in your foot, forget about the hand pain! :alcoholic:

take care and get better mate.
Well said my thoughts exactly.

Aww, shucks... I'm welling up here!

(but don't tell everyone I'm nice, my reputation will be in tatters!)

I did not mention nice at all. Now get back to work and start watching the shoplifters on CCTV!!!

Stew, I'm not at work, but anyway, I have people to do that for me!

Thanks Nick, heat it is!  :thumbsu:

Ive had arthritis in my shoulders neck knees and ankles etc for years apart from learning to just live with it, I find  A level teaspoon of organic cider vinegar in a very weak drink of orange squadh every morning  helps quite a bit,along with a half teaspoon of organic bicarbonate of soda (gluten and aluminium free) dissolved a half glass of water.

The theory is, so I have been advised is they help to alkalise the system thus reducing acid levels which attack the joints, I can only say it works for me to the extent that I can still shoot on a regular basis relatively pain free.

I fully accept this may weel be a placebo effect but as I say it works for me. That and absolutely NOwhite wine or Rose ONLY RED if one must imbibe!
It's really amazing to me that more people are not aware of the horrendous effects that food allergies can have.   My wife had right at crippling arthritis in her hands until she simply eliminated milk products from her diet.  The change from twisted cripple to back to shooting took less than two weeks - after almost two YEARS of drug therapy that did nothing.  And when I finally was able to talk her out of the diet soda (aspartame sweetener) she became a normal human again.

Hard to believe I know, but there are actually some chemicals that people were just not meant to consume

just a thot

Charlie

Latest posts

Back