Shooting hand pain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yes and no.  The article addresses the contentions and seems to make an offhand dismissal.  And not much in the way of info.

Here's something a bit more supportive.  Dr. McDougall's advice on a talk show led my wife to a pain-free life.  Check his credential too - he's the real deal.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/common-health-problems/allergic-reactions-to-food/

give it a read - could make you happy

Charlie

Well, yes and no. The article addresses the contentions and seems to make an offhand dismissal. And not much in the way of info.

Here's something a bit more supportive. Dr. McDougall's advice on a talk show led my wife to a pain-free life. Check his credential too - he's the real deal.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/common-health-problems/allergic-reactions-to-food/

give it a read - could make you happy

Charlie
Charlie,

Arthritis research is the leading authority in the UK when it comes to information about Arthritis and is evidence based. I'm sure there is anecdotal evidence of diet helping ease symptoms (some of my patients have reported this to me) but the evidence hasn't been proven beyond doubt. As with most treatments in medical conditions, there is always a for and against and each individual is different.

Interesting article though.

Nick

Nick,

The best I can tell you is that she tried every miracle drug available and they did nothing.  She quit the dairy products and the arthritis vanished.   Seems like a one to one relationship to me.

It's also been my unfortunate experience that doctors seem to be in love with pills.  They have a pill for everything and don't care to admit that there are alternative treatments that are not pill-based.  They seem to have some real difficulties with subtracting anything when it is just so doctoring to medicate.

JMO of course

Charlie

Nick,

The best I can tell you is that she tried every miracle drug available and they did nothing.  She quit the dairy products and the arthritis vanished.   Seems like a one to one relationship to me.

It's also been my unfortunate experience that doctors seem to be in love with pills.  They have a pill for everything and don't care to admit that there are alternative treatments that are not pill-based.  They seem to have some real difficulties with subtracting anything when it is just so doctoring to medicate.

JMO of course

Charlie
Charlie,

I'm glad your wife has found something that has helped her arthritis. Long may it continue.

I hope they continue with the research into the relationship between diet and various medical conditions..

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently carrying out my own research into the merits of scotch as a sciatica relief medication. There are side effects, however these can be countered by nicotine. Early indications are favourable.

Early indications are not favourable then :)

Ok but i refuse to be told scotch is not beneficial :)

In all seriousness (for a change)

I find a tipple does help i think it relaxes the body and the spasm. I also find it helps with my neck problem and the resulting referal pain deep in the shoulder. I would never condone the use of alcohol of course i am merely speaking personally. I believe its much better to do without alcohol and nicotine if at all possible in fact i once went 7 yrs without either and felt great. Alas it was not to last, due to lifes pressures that were throw upon me which i won't bore you with i succumbed to the pleasures of both once again.

Healthy eating, exercise, total abstinence and the avoidance of extreme sexual positions is the ideal way to handle back pain / sciatica.

honest

In all seriousness (for a change)

I find a tipple does help i think it relaxes the body and the spasm. I also find it helps with my neck problem and the resulting referal pain deep in the shoulder. I would never condone the use of alcohol of course i am merely speaking personally. I believe its much better to do without alcohol and nicotine if at all possible in fact i once went 7 yrs without either and felt great. Alas it was not to last, due to lifes pressures that were throw upon me which i won't bore you with i succumbed to the pleasures of both once again.

Healthy eating, exercise, total abstinence and the avoidance of extreme sexual positions is the ideal way to handle back pain / sciatica.

honest
fair comment.....

Not wanting to derail the thread but...

I have just started to go to a very well known physio in London. A couple of sessions later (and some proper diagnosis) and there is a real noticeable difference, my suggestion is, go and see someone like Nick and get the underlying problems sorted, you will be amazed :)

I'm with you there. The physio I'm seeing is brilliant. It's definitely worth investing in yourself sooner rather than later before any irreparable damage is done!

Not wanting to derail the thread but...

I have just started to go to a very well known physio in London. A couple of sessions later (and some proper diagnosis) and there is a real noticeable difference, my suggestion is, go and see someone like Nick and get the underlying problems sorted, you will be amazed :)
thanks Matt.. You are right though, get a diagnosis and get the cause addressed and try to prevent recurrence/worsening of problem.
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good Physio though, my knee is knackered.... ;-)

Back