Shooting car

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing is sure .... no one will nick it :)

PS

Very aerodynamic looking

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing is sure .... no one will nick it :)

PS

Very aerodynamic looking
Those sort of things are rather popular down this way. In fact if they have only two bald tyres and each body panel is more or less the same colour, it is viewed as a luxury motor!  :haha:

To quote my departed Dad: A good car is one that does what you want it to do, for the money you are prepared to pay. 

It also has to live up to your expectations as actual performance and reliability are rarely known in advance when you buy!
I think his point was made in respect of looking at himself, who usually had a new "Middle to upper" car, whereas his brother didn't enthuse over cars and drove old sheds for as little as he could part with. Each was right in their own world. Can't argue.

Bangernomics is a whole art form of car buying

Buy right and it goes on for years :)

The old sleigh is coming up in to its  elder years now and still going strong :)

bonus that the old codger driving it is a dashed handsome chap :)

:santa:

All cars can be improved with a coat of metallic hammerite and a fluffy steering wheel cover..

Bangernomics is a whole art form of car buying

Buy right and it goes on for years :)

The old sleigh is coming up in to its  elder years now and still going strong :)

bonus that the old codger driving it is a dashed handsome chap :)

:santa:
Bangernomics rocks,bought a 1995 Mercedes E class diesel two years ago for 1500,cost me an mot and a taillight bulb in that time,£120 yr for fully comp,its a fantatic 2nd car.Still worth all the asking price.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't pay for fuel or road tax, or servicing? My take is this, none of us know, for sure, how long this life journey is going to last, so why not enjoy the ride.

Bangernomics.......... pah  :spiteful:

I have a little winter runabout. Brand new Fiat Panda, a surprisingly good little car. Costs me £89 a month. 

As for not knowing how long we have on this life's journey, I have one like this arriving in a few weeks: 

You don't pay for fuel or road tax, or servicing? My take is this, none of us know, for sure, how long this life journey is going to last, so why not enjoy the ride.
this is what you want, Matt... Might've had a bit of work but looks a tidy runner with plenty of space.
post-1487-0-46196900-1416949763.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
I've decided to get a new car (old crap car) as recently when going shooting I've got my A5 caked in mud inside and out and errr indoors isn't best pleased! so I was thinking what to get needs to be handle a bit of mud and crap, needs to be cheap so I thought i'm just going to end up with a sh*t car! so thats when it hit me if I make sure it's really sh*t and ugly as sin then I can have no real expectations and not really care! so I present
If you found one without tin worm or bodged welding they are fab trucks (love running on veg oil too) a mate rebuilt one recently as its ideal for his missus post 97 license to tow a horse trailer. Great towing weight too.

Bangernomics.......... pah  :spiteful:

I have a little winter runabout. Brand new Fiat Panda, a surprisingly good little car. Costs me £89 a month. 

As for not knowing how long we have on this life's journey, I have one like this arriving in a few weeks: 

I assume the Cayman is a touch more than £89 a month?

I like them, which is unusual as I don't really do Porsche's.  If you aren't rolling in it, you can get a nice used one for about £18k...lovely shape :)

Back