Shooting car

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how people who big up driving round in £1500 skips insist on K80  / Perazzi  :lol:   :lol:   :huh:

Ahh K's and P's. Some of us have them some don't, gives those that don't something to talk about. Mostly don't know what their talking about.

Never mind Hammy one day you will see the light and ditch the 'B'.

Never mind Hammy one day you will see the light and ditch the 'B'.
I'd ditch it today if it made a relevant difference for me. We make choices, whether it be houses, watches, cars or guns, pointless being overtly critical about someone else's.

All very well going on about a cheap Subaru for instance  :)  , I keep reading how they're supposed to be the weapon of choice for bagsomoney Ladyn'Lord who don't need to show off but I have yet to see any driving them, mostly it tends to be canny old pigeon shooters or wide boys. They're horrendous on fuel, expensive to repair, horrid to look at with generally tired looking interiors. 

A car isn't just about you after all, you want it to transport your most precious on holidays/outings, not smell of someone else's dog and for the radio reception to resemble something from this century. A gun on the other hand is just a minor tool, used once or twice a week by just one person and all it does is hit stuff. :hunter:

Agree, just me 'n Mrs Bryn, we need 2 'cars' so while a big saloon would be nice we've got a van for me and the dogs & gun + recycling junk can & tow a small trailer She has the Mazda 2 1.6 deisel sport which is nippy, handles the back roads very well, comfy on motorways, averages 63mpg and carries us and the shopping/luggage.

We also have a bike each but they're just for fun and annoying Guardian readers  :biggrin:

Hamster, I think you are a bit harsh on the scuby`s they have one of the best reputations worldwide,, I had one for 3 years, was best car I've had, and I am motor mac` by trade. must say the motors need a serious upgrade to new technology, but of course ,horses for courses, hey?

Cars are just cars they should be comfortable and economical and big enough o fit your gun and stuff in with some room left for when you buy 3k cartridges, END OF.

A gun on the other hand well now that is a whole different thing. I think one should spend as much on a new gun as you would on a new woman.

T&C

The above does not include "getting a new woman" by means of "divorcing the existing one" as anyone who has been through this will tell you that it is a very very expensive game and WILL cost you way more than a matched pair of SO10s.

Hamster, I think you are a bit harsh on the scuby`s they have one of the best reputations worldwide,, I had one for 3 years, was best car I've had, and I am motor mac` by trade. must say the motors need a serious upgrade to new technology, but of course ,horses for courses, hey?
Their newer cars are fantastic, much like everything else out there which barring the odd minger I would happily drive, it was more the 10+ year old ones I was referring to which some romanticize about.

I assume the Cayman is a touch more than £89 a month?

I like them, which is unusual as I don't really do Porsche's.  If you aren't rolling in it, you can get a nice used one for about £18k...lovely shape :)
Yep, just a bit. But you'd not get one for £18k, not even double that. You'd get a 987 Cayman for that, but not a 981  :fie:

Yep, just a bit. But you'd not get one for £18k, not even double that. You'd get a 987 Cayman for that, but not a 981 :fie:
As I said, not really a Porsche person, so no idea about the 981/987...one assumes the 981 is newer?
EDIT: Yup, bingled it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, not really a Porsche person, so no idea about the 981/987...one assumes the 981 is newer?
Yes. I was not a fan of either of the previous incarnations. But I went to look (just to look mind) but once I had driven one........ I just had to. Looking forward to it now, delivery is due in a couple of weeks. 

They've been doing this for a good while now, I believe BMW have already lost a case against them, not very nice.  :mellow:

There are plenty of examples of copying outside China though, if you look at Hyundai carefully over the years you will see they've ripped off Toyota handsomely, Ford too has had the Kuga ravaged by a maker or two.

It seems most Krieghoff shooters drive range rovers, and perazzi shooters drive something else, have decided not to buy anything, will run the Beamer into the ground and drink the money I saved on buying a new car oh and on a trip to Dubai in February, laters bitches....

It does seem that spending £5k on K or P a gun is much better investment than £50k on rangerover so perhaps its the smart money that buys a K or P gun and a used car...

Back