Shootclay Simulated Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Pinnegar

There was talk of a Shootclay simulated game day but nothing ever got fully arranged. 

Would there still be an appetite for one? 

I'm happy to work with my sponsor to facilitate such a day. They do quite a few of these over the summer and they're very well received. 

The day consist of: 

4 mixed drives set up across the day, and prices would be inclusive of cartridges, breakfast on arrival, elevenses, 2 course lunch and afternoon tea, based on 16 guns. Assume a price of £350 per head (remember, it includes cartridges and food!) 

It would be set around the Northamptonshire area to be as central as possible. 

Let me know of any genuine interest ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's a serious question they tend to be 5-8k 

the sky is full and barrels get warm 

Sadly there seems to be lots of simulated days run by cowboys who have jumped on the Chuck Wagon and are gorging themselves on mediocrity.

Do your research , check out the venues and what you actually get for your money , divide the cost per hundred clays per person + food and hospitality and you may find you are paying £60+ per hundred clays and £8 a pint + £9 a burger . Happy days .

But what price Laughter?

Sadly there seems to be lots of simulated days run by cowboys who have jumped on the Chuck Wagon and are gorging themselves on mediocrity.

Do your research , check out the venues and what you actually get for your money , divide the cost per hundred clays per person + food and hospitality and you may find you are paying £60+ per hundred clays and £8 a pint + £9 a burger . Happy days .

But what price Laughter?
To counter that...example of what is available down this way

Sunday May 7th 2017 to join a simulated game day at the Old House at Home in Burton, Wiltshire. 5 drives. 5000+ Clays, Breakfast starts at 9.30am, Champagne Elevenses, Refreshments throughout, Sloe gin breaks. We will shoot through and finish with a late afternoon Sunday lunch consisting of King Prawn Cocktail, Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding followed by Eton Mess.  £195 per person.

I have a simulated day in June at Joe Neville with ten guns,the cost is £120 plus £5 for the girls who do the catering.I take two slabs of 21g with me,have bacon baps and tea at 9.30,drinks at eleven,3 coarse sit down meal with wine or soft drinks and tea and cake at 4.Total cost is £180 for very good day.

Quite a few of the shooting schools do them at high end estates - prices up to £350 per gun - the ones I have done with WLSS and RBSS are similar to the one mentioned above in format

Using the model of the last one I did in Feb

9.00 bacon rolls meet and greet safety peg draw etc

game day style catering between drives

4 drives with a 5th as a team competition over a duck pond (4 guns shooting circa 50 clays inc some trick ones)

If you have 9 guns shooting then you are paired up and one loads for the other and then you swap and the drive continues

at least one I have done (great few) have grouse busts and do one of the drives as a grouse flush

As above they tend to fire at least 5000 clays and you can easily shoot 100-150 per drive and 30 on the comp shoot if you want to do so

day ends with a shoot lunch 

Does include cartridges though. You could easily shoot 4/500, at say £100.

So now you are up at £295....just saying.
500 cartridges 85gbp or less  £275 just saying :angel:

Would there hospitality match the above?

Also about 200 miles closer to me so fuel becomes a factor and yes i know various people would be affected depending where.

Also they do cheap ones not far from me 85gbp 5000+ clays for that i am quite prepared to pay for my own hospitality.

Not having a pop at Doug in any way but i am sure his sponsor would be very happy to help!

sorry to hijack this thread but it got me thinking...... having never done any game shooting, it seem obvious game shooting simulated or otherwise is very fast paced.

so I have a question.. how many cartridges can you put through a shotgun before it becomes too hot to use for one reason or another be it safety or just plain untouchable?

my gun gets pretty hot after I shoot 10 carts on a stand especially in the summer. 

I have shot a few sim days and half way through a drive with about fifty shots in quick succession barrells are untouchable.

Latest posts

Back