Shell performance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily the case. I shoot about 250 cartridges a month so the difference between cheap and expensive is about 2% of 3/8 of b****r all. PS. They are nice and smooth too - I'm not getting any younger!

Sorry to but in ....... A1 Shooting ground sells Clever Mirage grand italia and other Clever shells. They are a good cartridge. Clever, Fiocchi and RC all shoot the same in my opinion.

Not really Nicola! You have to pattern them to see which does what at distances you normaly would shoot at. It would surprise you what you would have for results if you tested some of those shells! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Hi Henry, I have tested them. If I am honest I like Golden for trap. But would be happy shooting any RC or Clever top range shell. But that is only my humble opinion. :))))

Salopian said:

Wyle,Where do you get your Clever cartridges from?
Direct from Tom Young at Continental Shooting Supplies or from a growing number of retailers local to us in Wiltshire/Dorset/Somerset.

I buy mine from EJ Churchill. Cheaper than A1 last time I checked. I used to use the Grand Italia T3 in 7.5 (which is a UK 7). They are lovely, but pattern SO tightly that I realised that they were making hard work for me with close stuff. I now use the T2, which is much cheaper and still a lovely shell. It patterns very similarly to a Pro One Hull, for about £25 less per 1000! Cheers,CSC3

I used to shoot the T2 all the time and had some of my best ever sporting scores using these shells! They will perform to the highest standard and there is not a target out there they will not break! I rate them highly! I will have to see what the Steel version is like though!!!! :) Glen.

Proof If it were needed the shells make no difference- Chris Daniels tied with me for hg at Westfields 3 day 150 FITASC this weekend with 144, he was on my squad so I could see exactly what he missed and how. Chris had a bag full of mixed up old stuff but most of what he shot were d&js, express English sporting and a few eley olympics amongst 3 or 4 other bits and bobs. Everything he missed he missed clean, as did I. He wasn't far behind in the smoke race either! All in the mind....

Back