SGC apps in Gloucestershire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Selby

Hi, does anyone know roughly how long from sending application off to getting the SGC takes in Gloucestershire at the moment?...I heard it's about 4 months but hoping it is less.....

Things seem to vary greatly here Wilfie. My last renewal, 2 years ago, took so long (4 months!) that my cert expired, even though I'd been really prompt with my bit. Eventually, in order to keep shooting, I had to insist on one of those temporary certs which has to be personally approved by the Chief Officer. Strangely enough the renewal was completed about 4 days later. Coincidence? Who knows...

Funny thing about it was that the renewal 5 years previous to that one took about 10 days.

You can phone or email them; details used to be on the website. In the past I've spoken with an officer there called Bob who was pleasant to deal with and they also have civilian staff.

Sent off SGC application off last week and just had a letter from the police to say that the FEO will be in touch soon....is it usual for them to send our an acknowledgement letter or does it mean my application might be a bit quicker than I thought?... :)

We got an acknowledgement and visit arranged pretty quickly (both within two weeks of submission). It then took about another 8 weeks to get the certs back. Sussex not Gloucestershire though.

at least 3 months. my advice is call them and chase them as much as possible.

yup. i chased forever, they hated me by the time they issued it.

a friend needs to renew his FAL, it expires in 6 weeks and they have told him to store his guns for 3 months til they issue the replacement! if circumstances havent changed since issue why so long to renew...?

3 months from visit?....Blimey. It's been 3 weeks already and still no visit. :-( I will ring them today and see where they are with it.

Back