Royal berkshire challenge trophy 100 reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that No shorts full stop ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Is that No shorts full stop ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Suggest you read the dress code on their website

Eg

There will be a dress code in place on all three days of the competition and The Royal Berkshire Shooting School, with respect to its sponsors, kindly asks you to adhere to the dress code for this event. We will welcome competitors with smart casual wear, but please refrain from wearing:

Cut-off jeans or shorts

T-shirts (Polo shirts are fine)

Vest tops

Flip-flops​

Hi Tinker , many thanks I did read it , I just wondered if it was a mistake . I can understand no cut offs or football style shorts but tailored shorts as well . Incidentally that OSK lesson with Richard at his private range in Newbury was a lovely way to spend an afternoon . Me and Sam had a great time and Richard was the perfect host . Regrds Paul

Hi Tinker , many thanks I did read it , I just wondered if it was a mistake . I can understand no cut offs or football style shorts but tailored shorts as well . Incidentally that OSK lesson with Richard at his private range in Newbury was a lovely way to spend an afternoon . Me and Sam had a great time and Richard was the perfect host . Regrds Paul Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brilliant. Glad you enjoyed it. Richard is a lovely man.

So where do ladies cropped trousers, short longs or long shorts fit in this dress code as a matter of interest?

Don't answer - it's not a serious question but it makes the point.

The Really Wild Clothing Company are missing a trick in not offering tailored shorts as an alternative to tweeds and breeks etc.

So where do ladies cropped trousers, short longs or long shorts fit in this dress code as a matter of interest?

Don't answer - it's not a serious question but it makes the point.

The Really Wild Clothing Company are missing a trick in not offering tailored shorts as an alternative to tweeds and breeks etc.
You do not know the place do you Bobby :wink:

And please someone....kill me....if you ever see me in any of the above (outside the house)....!!

God love it......people who wear any form of shorts without either a model's body or a good tan....really should put a 360 degree mirror in their dressing room.....and if they still insist on wearing them in public ...they should be forced to give up their passport...... :laugh:

I really do not want to see fat, white, hairy legs (and that is just the women....) when I am enjoying a day out doing my favourite sport....!!

Mind you.....you could always go for the ISSF disciplines....they wear shorts as part of the kit.....and boy do they make you ugly when wearing them...even if you have a good body. Mind you what do you expect when it is Adidas kit. :laugh:

Have fun campers.....I am off to try and shoot this rather than talk about it.....I really hope that I hit at least 1/2 or my pal is going to be very embarrassed ....... (Should I tell her I have not shot sporting since early March??) Nah......shoot with 'the force'....what will be ...will be....and pinch ideas.. :wink:

Tinks, don't look at the photos from Westonwood this last Sunday because my fat arse in my long shorts is on display for all to see X :)

Tinks, don't look at the photos from Westonwood this last Sunday because my fat arse in my long shorts is on display for all to see X :)
Ok Wilco

P.s. Don't look in my garden in the heat....because so is mine :wink:

Phew.......!

Saved.......!

Last edited:
Scores from day 1 on their website. It seems stands 1 and especially 11 are the real toughies. Looking forward to tomorrow then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stand 11 is excellent... Tough but excellent... Stand 1 shouldn't be... I dropped my first b bird there, but soon learned...

Great shoot...

About time we had a decent dress code, although it doesn't say anything about shooting in Y fronts! Shooting tomorrow so will see what all the fuss is all about. Will, you doing birds only?

About time we had a decent dress code, although it doesn't say anything about shooting in Y fronts! Shooting tomorrow so will see what all the fuss is all about. Will, you doing birds only?
I'm with you there. Dress code vital to starting to up the game.

Great day out. Lovely targets...I left plenty to breed. Find em...lose em....oh dear. I need more practice before Shootclay C...!! But little time :wink:

Lovely squad and great following my pal so I could see where I should have been shooting...!

Darling was a great ref.

Really enjoyed the trot round....clever targets....I could do better.....want another go...!!

Stand 11 is excellent... Tough but excellent... Stand 1 shouldn't be... I dropped my first b bird there, but soon learned...
Great shoot...
'Twas a very nice shoot and a very nice group to go around with . Stand 11 was a tough one but my lad reminds me he got 6 and my guest got 0 . Can't remember my score . Not too many wearing shorts either . Lovely ground and Geoff the ref was fun .

Shut it Norris. Fresh from my first win in this class.. Optimism abounds.. :)

Latest posts

Back