Coley 2016 Reg Series

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need the luxury of such a flexible working schedule.

I was hoping that my investments in the Camelot portfolio would have paid off by now  :D

Work is overrated, anyway it's taken me near 40 years to discover that no matter how hard each task, how far away it is or how many unsociable hours I throw at it they keep giving me more, the odd managed escape to meet some cheery like minded souls in the middle of a field scaring clays is deserved not a luxury.

nearly forgot to finish with a ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit blowy today, so much so the staff had to change a few stands, even so as the ground us on top of one of the highest hills in the county number of targets were blown around a fair bit, same for everyone though. On at 2 so missed all the rain / snow / hail :) for that, our squad of six, Roger, Peter, Will and Joe Hale were blessed with the presence of Zea Purnell supplying much needed glamour amongst us fossils, whilst not a ball breaking course it did have its terrors, was narked to drop two crows and two driven then overjoyed to straight a stand that had a very reasonable driven midi. As always finished with a smile, yes I thought I dropped a few but very happy to end on a 70+ for the first time in too many months.

Will be back, do get to one of the series, it runs all summer.

Oops my poor manners, high gun Steve Lovatt 96 I think, we do our most to keep the high gun in county :)

Thought that they did well with the course setting today given the conditions. As Rich said above, wasn't the toughest but rather an attempt to mitigate the effects of the weather and provide entertainment for everybody across the classes. Good squad, I shot terribly. The girl showed us all up across the three toughest stands in the wood and Rich didn't cause me to wet myself. 

Pat on the back for Team Coley and as much as it pains me to say it, well done to Steve for HG. 

Sounds like a fun shoot. 

Is it possible to shoot the course at the weekend when you turn up to practice? Or do they take it back down quite quickly?

Sounds like a fun shoot. 

Is it possible to shoot the course at the weekend when you turn up to practice? Or do they take it back down quite quickly?
they were taking it apart straight after last squad (ours) had finished, a few targets may well remain for a week or three but as a course it's no longer "set"

On at 2 so missed all the rain / snow / hail :) for that, our squad of six, Roger, Peter, Will and Joe Hale were blessed with the presence of Zea Purnell supplying much needed glamour amongst us fossils
Thanks Rich, very kind of you to say so. Not sure I supplied much glamour, especially when my hat blew off whilst shooting the last stand! But it was a great squad to be in, very supportive of me as a novice.

Well done to all at Coley's. Thoroughly enjoyable shoot despite the weather.

Latest posts

Back