Rizzini - Italy & Custom Fit - How Long.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddypip

I am planning a trip to Rizzini (Italy) to get a custom gun fitted - likely a BR460. I have a shooting friend who is planning the same trip so its not a small amount of money overall. I have however heard a few reports that the whole process - getting a trip date, traveling out, sorting the spec, and then waiting for the gun to turn up - can take some time and in particular many months before the gun arrives. It you have had it done, I would be interested in any feedback on timescales, who you dealt with in the UK, and when you made the trip - have things recently got worse ? etc. Any other comments would also be helpful.

Well a friend has just had a Beretta stock done, from paying a deposit/trip/stock back to UK it was nearly 12 months

I looked at a BR460 in Sporting Guns at Park Lodge . Very impressive piece of kit . I’d be interested to hear how your plans progress . If you are planning on going to the Game Fair at the end of this month I reckon there’s more than a sporting chance the importer ASI will be there . Might be the best source of current info ?

I looked at a BR460 in Sporting Guns at Park Lodge . Very impressive piece of kit . I’d be interested to hear how your plans progress . If you are planning on going to the Game Fair at the end of this month I reckon there’s more than a sporting chance the importer ASI will be there . Might be the best source of current info ?
I'm interested too as I've had my eye on a BR460 for a while. ASI were at the Game Fair last year and had the BR460 to fondle.

It's worth noting that if you look on Guntrader there are different versions of the BR460. The latest model has a matt black receiver with different engraving. Can be had in silver too. According to the Rizzini website there is also a version with matt black barrels but I haven't seen any in the UK. It would probably pay to shop around too as the prices for a standard model range from £4875 - £6450 new.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Going the custom route results in RRP plus add-ons for options (wood, engraving, barrels etc) but you get a custom gun and stock etc to fit you. My worry is the long wait - 12 months for a stock from Beretta seems daft - and perhaps they know you're only doing it once so they don't worry about trying too hard for the repeat business !!

Back