Remington carts

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryn12

Picked up some Remington premier (international target load) the other day, cos they were on offer and I've found my guns and I get on with them very well. My problem is that the shop got them as a one off so is probably going to run out in a month or two. Does anyone know if/where there is a supplier, hopefully NW England or southern Scotland.

Picked up some Remington premier (international target load) the other day, cos they were on offer and I've found my guns and I get on with them very well. My problem is that the shop got them as a one off so is probably going to run out in a month or two. Does anyone know if/where there is a supplier, hopefully NW England or southern Scotland.
Same here, Couldn't find anything on tinterweb not even the Remington websites to  indicate outlets. I was looking for somebody who stocks them in the NW as I was keen to try them out. 

Braithwaites in cheadle had them and stil advertise they stock them

Think Edgar Bos have given up the importer thing, frustrating as I really rate these cartridges, plan to stock up on 24&28g, 9s as soon as I can find the spare dosh if the local(for round here) bloke still has them. Otherwise my  friends and relatives in Ingerlundshire may receive a surprise visit  :whistle:

There is a new importer I don't know who it is .nj guns in Builth wells mid wales area stocks them as well

I don't stock, but can obtain Remington cartridges subject to the importer having them in stock.

webber

Being a NSSA shooter i am a huge fan of Remington Cartridges (In particular the .410).

The new importer is Sportsmarketing  - http://www.sportsmk.co.uk/

They are WAY behind the curve when it comes to getting these products in and at present only have a limited range available to their stockists. 

Thanks webber & Skeetfreak.

Just how slow are the importers as although I'm not at a level to be too bothered what I shoot at the moment, when I do start competing seriously I'll probably go with these if I can get them. I do like the Mirage T2, but the Remingtons seem to suit me noticeably better.

Slow!

Put it this way i asked my local stockist to obtain 500 Remington .410 9's around 2-3 months ago.

I have even contacted sportsmarketing directly - still not got my hands on them.

They are in danger of losing my sale to a new player on the UK cartridge market (Armusa) as i am already using their 20 & 28 gauge cartridges to great effect. Soon as they launch the .410 i will be trying them.

Slow!

Put it this way i asked my local stockist to obtain 500 Remington .410 9's around 2-3 months ago.

I have even contacted sportsmarketing directly - still not got my hands on them.

They are in danger of losing my sale to a new player on the UK cartridge market (Armusa) as i am already using their 20 & 28 gauge cartridges to great effect. Soon as they launch the .410 i will be trying them.
I've been using Armusa too! Well impressed and at a good price too.

Booger! not doing a lot of shooting just now as workload is manic but when things quieten down I'll be going through over 1000/month.

So how do the Armusa compare to the Remingtons?

Bryn,

I was using the Gamebore prior to switching to Armusa (a few months ago) and IMO they perform well. Certainly in the 20 gauge and 28 gauge skeet loads which are my main useage of Armusa. Enough to convince we i was going to use Armusa for the rest of 2014 and going forwards. Have dropped Gamebore totally apart from the few i have left.

I used the Armusa in my recent win at the BSSA UK Open (apart from .410) as did the runner-up!

I have pattern tested most of the Armusa range through my gun - the 28gram trap / sporting in 7.5's looks "tight" certainly at 40yds (60ft) which is my primary focus with me only shooting skeet which bodes well for longer distances on the fast trap and sporting shoots which are there primary use. However i have not patterned them at any longer distances although i will when i can find time to fit it in.

In terms of how they stack up directly against the Remington's - you will have to try as i only use Remington in .410 (and Gamebore for practice) and not shot the Armusa .410 yet as still have around 350 Remington left and approx 500 Gamebore.

Coincidently the Gamebore .410 is not even close to the quality of the Remington. So the Armusa .410 is going to need to be GOOD!

As a side note my wife is getting a flat of 250 of the 24gram Gold Serial to try for OT in a couple of weeks - will be interesting to see how they shoot. Given the same cartridges were used to win the recent Munich World Cup OT (Mens) and the recent Spanish UT Championships. Plus the price is RIGHT which counts for a lot!!

collected 2 thousand remington today, he now only has 2,500 left so guess that my last at what is effectively less than half RRP, he showed me the sheets with trade prices :swoon:  guess that'll be the last I buy, shame as I really rated them but not at that price, tempted to open one up and see if I've been sending 24carat gold down the ground :eek:

I am down to my last few boxes of 25 of the .410 i have been using all year.

Not been able to source any new ones either (other than the 250 i bought back from the USA in August). Still no news from my local suppliers on getting any in either - sportsmarketing do not seem to be doing much importing for a new importer.

Goods news is that Armusa have already launched the .410 in their range so i will try those next i think. I have had great success with their 20 / 28 gauges this season so hopefully the .410 is the same quality.

Bryn,

I was using the Gamebore prior to switching to Armusa (a few months ago) and IMO they perform well. Certainly in the 20 gauge and 28 gauge skeet loads which are my main useage of Armusa. Enough to convince we i was going to use Armusa for the rest of 2014 and going forwards. Have dropped Gamebore totally apart from the few i have left.

I used the Armusa in my recent win at the BSSA UK Open (apart from .410) as did the runner-up!

I have pattern tested most of the Armusa range through my gun - the 28gram trap / sporting in 7.5's looks "tight" certainly at 40yds (60ft) which is my primary focus with me only shooting skeet which bodes well for longer distances on the fast trap and sporting shoots which are there primary use. However i have not patterned them at any longer distances although i will when i can find time to fit it in.

In terms of how they stack up directly against the Remington's - you will have to try as i only use Remington in .410 (and Gamebore for practice) and not shot the Armusa .410 yet as still have around 350 Remington left and approx 500 Gamebore.

Coincidently the Gamebore .410 is not even close to the quality of the Remington. So the Armusa .410 is going to need to be GOOD!

As a side note my wife is getting a flat of 250 of the 24gram Gold Serial to try for OT in a couple of weeks - will be interesting to see how they shoot. Given the same cartridges were used to win the recent Munich World Cup OT (Mens) and the recent Spanish UT Championships. Plus the price is RIGHT which counts for a lot!!
If any of you would like some more info about the ARMUSA range dont hesitate to contact me  [email protected] or 07904 973718/01929 405101 i recently swapped from HULL Soveriegns to the classico for sporting and FITASC but have also shot the Trap/Sportering And Gold serials

Back