Registered Practice?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emvicne

In light of the fact that non CPSA members can shoot at CPSA registered competitions on day passes, should CPSA registered shooters be permitted to shoot true practice (ie not birds only) at such events? 

I'm not really sure what you mean, if it's registered then its a comp not a practice, be it birds only or otherwise!

I had to read it a few times les, but I think he means elect to shoot but not have your score submitted therefore only practice.

I'm a 'she'.  Sorry for the confusion - I was simply using the term "true practice" to distinguish between birds only (which some people infer is practice in all but name) and practice (ie not registered). 

I had to read it a few times les, but I think he means elect to shoot but not have your score submitted therefore only practice.
Oh I see,I think!!!!! But why would anyone bother?

Kentskeet said:
I think you should be allowed to drop a registered score if you feel it was BELOW your normal standard... Ie. you've just had a bad day.
But all my days are bad days mate!

Kentskeet said:
I think you should be allowed to drop a registered score if you feel it was BELOW your normal standard... Ie. you've just had a bad day.
absolutely agree after all its the opposite to sandbagging and does not put you in a ravourable position as far as finances are concerned. Its just self assesed 10% rule

absolutely agree after all its the opposite to sandbagging and does not put you in a ravourable position as far as finances are concerned. Its just self assesed 10% rule
So is the opposite of sandbagging antibagging Ian?

I occasionally thought about asking for a practice card, instead of a comp card, when I was suffering with my vision issues last summer. (I never did). I don't see why you should not be allowed to. Totally different matter from deciding to bin your card AFTER you have shot. And of course you must not be allowed to buy a real card for a second go round!

I think this is possibly not catered for in rules anywhere? But I suspect most ground owners would not object if you asked. They can just give you an un numbered card with 'Joe Bloggs' written on it. No harm IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kentskeet said:
WHAT? So you could choose to dump any of your scores? Madness. How can you grade somebody on their average if you don't count all their scores? The CPSA system drops the below 10% ones anyway. Perfect already.

Latest posts

Back