Quality polished perazzi barrels?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite honestly I have never read so much crap about the inside of a shotgun barrel ! The photograph shows some machining marks so what ?  Is this going to have any effect whatsoever on the performance of the gun ... NO ... do you spend a great deal of time staring into the wrong end of your gun... NO. Does a gun have to have perfectly polished bores to function properly ... NO.

If you think that Perazzi have not finished the gun properly get in touch with them, if there is a problem, they will fix it. My Browning and Beretta shotguns have perfectly polished barrel interiors ... but compared to my Perazzi they a pile of sh*te. Shoot the gun, enjoy and stop worrying about something that is totally inconsequential.
ER....................do you expect that sort of a finish on a gun of that cost....................NO  !

Perazzi is also fast with replies. They will solve this issue "under warranty". :angel:

They definitely have to invest in QC!

Right. I've now had time to photo 2 perazzis, a Beretta ASE and a Miroku at the same magnification as the OPs photo and  all of them look the same with the marks at a similar depth etc. 

I say then that there is no issue with it at all. 

Its amazing how you can go from a set of barrels to an F1 wheel hub in one topic - how many forums can do that eh?  :D

so to conclude  cosmetics and  build quality  plus quality control  finish   will not make one iota  to the performance of the gun /       but  the question is would you accept  a new gun  delivered like that  from a company like perazzi    ?

so to conclude  cosmetics and  build quality  plus quality control  finish   will not make one iota  to the performance of the gun /       but  the question is would you accept  a new gun  delivered like that  from a company like perazzi    ?
I think it should have a decent finish. It's not hard to do it and disrespectful to client not to! 

Back to the OP

AFAIC that along with the stock is totally unacceptable and would be returned immediately.  None of my Perazzis look anything like that.  Or any other gun in the safe for that matter.

Will - you should be making guns and since Bertuzzi is history there is the market niche    :angel:

I think it should have a decent finish. It's not hard to do it and disrespectful to client not to! 
And if it is not decently finished then it is by definition"unfinished".  Disrespectful is too mild a word IMO

Back to the OP

AFAIC that along with the stock is totally unacceptable and would be returned immediately.  None of my Perazzis look anything like that.  Or any other gun in the safe for that matter.

Will - you should be making guns and since Bertuzzi is history there is the market niche    :angel:
Thats what I thought just by having a look with the naked eye. 

They look different when magnified and a flash on them.

Good conclusion. For my dealer and myself the answer was simply NO.

I am on hols so cant check but I am pretty sure none of my Berettas look like that. Too me its been regulated and someone forgot to polish it out. 8.5k or whatever is a lot of anyone's hard earned cash and for that money it should be a mirror finish. Matters not if it makes a difference to how it shoots you expect perfection for alleged high end guns.

I am on hols so cant check but I am pretty sure none of my Berettas look like that. Too me its been regulated and someone forgot to polish it out. 8.5k or whatever is a lot of anyone's hard earned cash and for that money it should be a mirror finish. Matters not if it makes a difference to how it shoots you expect perfection for alleged high end guns.
You will see a finish like that on Beretta barrels. Its the choke threads.

After recieiving my first new Perazzi (MX 8 ) I noticed the deep rings in the end of my fixed chokes as well, I emailed Perazzi factory that I was sending them back, no problem, it did take a few months before I got them back. fast forward to my current Perazzi (MX2000) which I went to Italy to get fitted, when I was there the first thing I did was look in the inside of the chokes ( fixed chokes) they were perfect, not sure but I think with the higher grades the finishing is better.

Some people dont care what there guns look like but I am not one of those!.

Back