Quality polished perazzi barrels?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are like a mirror and also all others i have seen,would suggest it missed the final finishing process somehow?
This is what I suspect. The barrels on the 2 I have are spot on.  

I don't know how they regulate the chokes  but it could be that they build them to be  full choke then open them up with a reamer to the desired choke. This would explain why it's only the last 4 to 5 cm that are like that. The actual end on the barrels look unfinished too compared to mine. 

I wouldn't worry about it. 

Deff don't let your local gunsmith have a go at it though. More chance of making it worse than better. 

Would it have devalued it when i came to sell/trade? without a doubt.
There is no way that this machine marking will have any consequence for resale... it is not significant.

edit

Can I just add this the OP is a magnified photograph taken either with flash or under bright lighting... it just make things that are insignificant look bad. I have tried to show my own gun which if I had a decent camera would show it to be not too different to your gun. This gun is 27 years old and I estimate it has fired more than 100 thousand first barrel cartridges. The previous owner said he had not used it in ten years, I am not going to call him a liar, in the four years I have had it I have fired more than 25k ... the gun is still perfect... not good ... perfect.DSCN3437.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way that this machine marking will have any consequence for resale... it is not significant.
If i was buying the gun it would have and no doubt if the OP was buying it also,sweeping statements are rarely true....

Just because it is not significant to you does not matter,you are not the only person in the world!

I am disturbed at some of the comments on here from people who obviously have no idea what they are talking about . 

I would think that this gun's barrel marks are caused by reaming out the chokes to the desired constriction and then not lapping , obviously pride in craftsmanship is long gone , I do not think that the finish is acceptable and the gun  should be returned to RUAG / Perazzi for proper completion .

Buying a Krieghoff may not necessarily be the answer.

Quite honestly I have never read so much crap about the inside of a shotgun barrel ! The photograph shows some machining marks so what ?  Is this going to have any effect whatsoever on the performance of the gun ... NO ... do you spend a great deal of time staring into the wrong end of your gun... NO. Does a gun have to have perfectly polished bores to function properly ... NO.

If you think that Perazzi have not finished the gun properly get in touch with them, if there is a problem, they will fix it. My Browning and Beretta shotguns have perfectly polished barrel interiors ... but compared to my Perazzi they a pile of sh*te. Shoot the gun, enjoy and stop worrying about something that is totally inconsequential.
I have owned pretty much everything in the mid price segment and shot and examined Perazzi closely, I'd be interested in knowing exactly what it is that makes my Beretta 682e and the 682 before that, a pile of sh*te in comparison ?  :rolleyes:

People get hung up on the make they happen to be shooting at the time, there is no end of people who will sing the praises of their own gun which is fine  <_<  but to pointlessly knock others when evidence suggests they're not even that special is well, pointless. 

As long as there is a queue of people willing to part with £8500 for something that can be had for half (if not well under a third) of the cost, corners will be cut to meet demand or so it seems anyway.

If I ordered a gun without chequering and it arrived with, or the stock needed re-finishing from new  :lol: :rolleyes: , Mr. Montozomolo or whoever would know about it. 

I have owned pretty much everything in the mid price segment and shot and examined Perazzi closely, I'd be interested in knowing exactly what it is that makes my Beretta 682e and the 682 before that, a pile of sh*te in comparison ?  :rolleyes:

People get hung up on the make they happen to be shooting at the time, there is no end of people who will sing the praises of their own gun which is fine  <_<  but to pointlessly knock others when evidence suggests they're not even that special is well, pointless. 
I don't know where you are coming from there Hammy I am commenting on My guns not yours. The quality of the Beretta and the Browning  are nowhere near my Perazzi ... to be fair they are a much cheaper gun though.

I make a point of not slating anyone's guns....makes it really embarrassing when your outshot with a rusty 20 quid Baikal ;)
Its the man behind the gun every time ... but that des not make a bad gun good :???:

Going back to the beginning of the thread, Nick322 those muzzle machine marks look fine to me and not something I'd worry about personally.  Unlike many modern guns Perazzi barrells are still made by hand, the alignment of the tubes etc prior to soldering is a human eye job, something you probably saw in the factory?   My HPX DSR MX12 was made for me personally with a specified 1/2 and 1/4 choke, fixed.  The quality of the stock, chequering etc was beyond reproach - absolutely perfect and no doubt a reflection of John Jeffries' attention to detail.

I'm curious to learn what choke specifications you set - mine shoots like Full and Extra Full, it doesn't chip many targets - dust or miss. :smile:  

Its the man behind the gun every time ... but that des not make a bad gun good :???:
Wasn't the point i was trying to make...i may slate guns but not an individuals gun.

The gun is somebodys' individuals property and as such they may be attached to it for a variety of reasons that makes them feel strongly about it and i would not wish to offend them in that way.

I just contacted my dealer and he will contact Perazzi. My dealer is a gun manufacturer as well and all his products are finished to the highest standards. He will solve all the issues.

Going back to the beginning of the thread, Nick322 those muzzle machine marks look fine to me and not something I'd worry about personally.  Unlike many modern guns Perazzi barrells are still made by hand, the alignment of the tubes etc prior to soldering is a human eye job, something you probably saw in the factory?   My HPX DSR MX12 was made for me personally with a specified 1/2 and 1/4 choke, fixed.  The quality of the stock, chequering etc was beyond reproach - absolutely perfect and no doubt a reflection of John Jeffries' attention to detail.

I'm curious to learn what choke specifications you set - mine shoots like Full and Extra Full, it doesn't chip many targets - dust or miss. :smile:  
I have chosen for 1/2 and 1/2 choke.

And therefore JJ is finishing the stock as well...

Wasn't the point i was trying to make...i may slate guns but not an individuals gun.

The gun is somebodys' individuals property and as such they may be attached to it for a variety of reasons that makes them feel strongly about it and i would not wish to offend them in that way.
You are losing it where did I slate any gun other than my own? But if that is what you meant why not say that as you cannot possibly interpret " I make a point of not slating anyone's guns....makes it really embarrassing when your outshot with a rusty 20 quid Baikal ;) " as meaning what you posted above.

I just contacted my dealer and he will contact Perazzi. My dealer is a gun manufacturer as well and all his products are finished to the highest standards. He will solve all the issues.

I have chosen for 1/2 and 1/2 choke.

And therefore JJ is finishing the stock as well...
Perfect !

I was making a point about myself,that is why i stated "I" and not you..

The Baikal bit was humour,for your information i am not sure i actually know someone with a rusty 20 quid one...i shall flag it up for you in future as it obviously not something you are familiar with!

I was making a point about myself,that is why i stated "I" and not you..

The Baikal bit was humour,for your information i am not sure i actually know someone with a rusty 20 quid one...i shall flag it up for you in future as it obviously not something you are familiar with!
Yes I see now ... but where on this thread has someone slated another persons guns? What is the relevance of your post?

From an engineer (who doesn't make guns) clearly there are some cutting marks from the gun drill. If they hone the barrels (a good way of improving the finish) it has been done very lightly if at all it seems. While you might expect it to look a bit better, those marks will actually be extremely shallow and I can't believe it will make the slightest difference to performance. There are quite a few things that my company produces to a very high finish, but often it's just to reassure the customer..
I didn't think people were too bothered about what the inside of tins of beans were like Will?

Yes I see now ... but where on this thread has someone slated another persons guns? What is the relevance of your post?
In reference to Hamsters post.

Relevance should be obvious....

Is it your time of the month or has someone been picking on you?

I didn't think people were too bothered about what the inside of tins of beans were like Will?
Didn't know Blaser made beans ;)

In reference to Hamsters post.

Relevance should be obvious....

Is it your time of the month or has someone been picking on you?
Oh I see now sorry about that but as Hammy's post was related to my one I thought, erroneously, that you had thought that I had been slating another persons gun... which is of course not true.

No, no problems as to the latter part of you post... there was a violent thunder storm in the early hours though who knows ? 

Can't you lot carry out a simple discussion without arguing and falling out like big kids?

Back