Public Perception

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Neil has just been interviewed on BBC North West about being selected for Rio.

Last edited by a moderator:
"And in times like a year or so ago when the star actress or whatever she is got a lotta publicity about going shooting it seems like most of you could do little but slag her" the problem as i perceive it with the Melanie Sykes ad is that she is a has been "celebrity" most famous for a beer commercial talking crap to restart her career.

a lot of us over here just hate the faux celebrity bullsh*t!!!

mind you i still fail to get the missus from in front of the tv if "the real bitches of just about anywhere in the US" is on or Cheshire which from the way they act must be a smaller state :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunblane and Hungerford horrified a lot of people, and subsequent moves by the government to clamp down on gun ownership gave out the message that guns are bad things. The public don't know about the difference between rifles, shotgun, pistols and the like , they now regard them as just "guns" and therefore some sort of weapon of mass destruction.

Mass slayings, armed robberies, terrorism - they're all newsworthy and dramatic. Someone winning a gold medal for a minority sport isn't. So it won't get the column inches.

The only way to educate the public is via organisations like the CPSA and BASC. They need to put more resources into PR, and we as members should be telling them exactly that.

Dunblane and Hungerford horrified a lot of people, and subsequent moves by the government to clamp down on gun ownership gave out the message that guns are bad things. The public don't know about the difference between rifles, shotgun, pistols and the like , they now regard them as just "guns" and therefore some sort of weapon of mass destruction.

Mass slayings, armed robberies, terrorism - they're all newsworthy and dramatic. Someone winning a gold medal for a minority sport isn't. So it won't get the column inches.

The only way to educate the public is via organisations like the CPSA and BASC. They need to put more resources into PR, and we as members should be telling them exactly that.
Yes Charles, you are correct. It does seem that our governing bodies are rather lacking in PR as far as the non shooting public are concerned. I actually did suggest to the CPSA many years ago that they needed to promote the sport to the non shooting public, they basically told me to bugger off and mind my own business. 

Yes Charles, you are correct. It does seem that our governing bodies are rather lacking in PR as far as the non shooting public are concerned. I actually did suggest to the CPSA many years ago that they needed to promote the sport to the non shooting public, they basically told me to bugger off and mind my own business. 
That's funny, as a shooter one would think it WAS your own business! :)

Given how the CPSA run actual shooting I'm not sure I'd want them involved in a national PR campaign *shudder*. 

Latest posts

Back