Proposed new Sporting clays classification system

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No lets sort the CPSA out first!

He can sort out the country next and then Europe!

He can then have a rest whilst the USA, China and Russia compete for the world!

Come on people....answer the man's question....

(This is going to be good......)

:wink:

If it were me, I suppose that I would submit it to my county for approval with perhaps a petition of CPSA members/shooters signatures supporting the rule change, then up to region for their approval and then up to Nick to put before a technical committee or the Board as appropriate with each level adding their approval to what has gone before.

Going via County and Region shows them that you have local and regional support and not just your own idea and some members! 

I'd send a clear and concise draft straight up to HQ, they'll already be aware of disquiet with the current system and more than a little likely to have got whiff of this one. Their only real reservation can be whether grounds can get their heads round the percentage thing quickly because I imagine they'd want the scores submitted already ranked up and not left to them to sort every Monday ! Saying that it can't be hard to run them through a computer programme.

A separate draft sent to Pull for publication wouldn't be a bad idea either.

If it was me I wouldn't present it upwards now I would request a data share agreement to develop and run it for a year concurrently with the existing system. I'd run comparisons at all of the major shoots and publish those results at the end of the 2015 "season".

That would enable everyone to make an educated decision on the merits of the new system and become aware of any downfalls before putting all their eggs in one basket.

What will suggests is a more refined version of the count back method we use for trap selections so nothing that radical for the powers that be to understand.

If it were me, I suppose that I would submit it to my county for approval with perhaps a petition of CPSA members/shooters signatures supporting the rule change, then up to region for their approval and then up to Nick to put before a technical committee or the Board as appropriate with each level adding their approval to what has gone before.

Going via County and Region shows them that you have local and regional support and not just your own idea and some members!
That will be 2016 then :wink:
Oh no.....we have the Olympic that will be keeping everyone busy.......then the Postmortem...lets say 2018 to be on the safe side :laugh:

Last edited:
If it was me I wouldn't present it upwards now I would request a data share agreement to develop and run it for a year concurrently with the existing system. I'd run comparisons at all of the major shoots and publish those results at the end of the 2015 "season".

That would enable everyone to make an educated decision on the merits of the new system and become aware of any downfalls before putting all their eggs in one basket.
After a bit of thought about this how does the information for the new system against the old system prove to the Cpsa that it is working ? Or any better as this can only mean different winners or placings in the classes.

While as shooters we might feel this is better but for somebody just looking at a spreadsheet of scores.

Not trying to dampen the idea just being realistic .  Keen to know the feedback to this.

That easy...

Shooters views should count...

After all....it is the reason why the CPSA and other like organisations exist.

Without shooters........'they' are nothing.....'they' would not exist.

So.......why should the shooter not be listened to....

Oh yes......I forgot....we no longer have a voice..... :wink:

they wouldnt be much without grounds either , lets cut the political crap and run a shoot on this system get some powers that be there and see if it works or not 

Bite the bullet then Steve, take the lead lets see where it goes.

That easy...

Shooters views should count...

After all....it is the reason why the CPSA and other like organisations exist.

Without shooters........'they' are nothing.....'they' would not exist.

So.......why should the shooter not be listened to....

Oh yes......I forgot....we no longer have a voice..... :wink:
Thats exactly it Nicola shooters are the be all and end all without the shooters none of this would count.

No cpsa no, shooting grounds! so if you're a pessimistic then sit back and let the optimistic shooters give it a go and well done steve for taking the lead.. :spiteful:

Thats exactly it Nicola shooters are the be all and end all without the shooters none of this would count.

No cpsa no, shooting grounds! so if you're a pessimistic then sit back and let the optimistic shooters give it a go and well done steve for taking the lead.. :spiteful:
Amen to that xx

Back