Proposed new Sporting clays classification system

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fie:  Mr Oxlong, Comming up to my 74th year with eye problems, I can live with my scores. :crazy:

I would like to think I will still be shooting at 74, let alone hitting anything.

Who cares all I wont to do is shoot :haha: And I have sandbagged my way into A now Will so should be in B next year ready to clean up :nhl:

None of the shoots Abroad have classes so why bother? If you shoot a European or World you are in Open.

oh forgot to say i am now Scottish so I don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at this and thinking what a good idea and then i started to think about the scores that i download on a weekly basis and wondered if this would be a true reflection on an individuals ability, if there were only 3 people competing. You could easily get 100% just by being better than 2 other shooters. Unless i have missed something?

I was looking at this and thinking what a good idea and then i started to think about the scores that i download on a weekly basis and wondered if this would be a true reflection on an individuals ability, if there were only 3 people competing. You could easily get 100% just by being better than 2 other shooters. Unless i have missed something?
No, that would be a valid failing in the system if it occurred. However, I have done about 500 registered ESP shoots and I have never seen less than 19 entries. Maybe trap and other less popular disciplines have very low entries, no idea, hence I did state Sporting for this system.

cat ............ pigeons.

What happen if your A class shooter realises that he's having a crappy day he only needs to drop another 6 shots and he can take home the C class prize, which is better than taking home nothing!

The real answer of course is to ban ALL prize monies based on shooting score!

:) :) :) :eek:

cat ............ pigeons.

What happen if your A class shooter realises that he's having a crappy day he only needs to drop another 6 shots and he can take home the C class prize, which is better than taking home nothing!

The real answer of course is to ban ALL prize monies based on shooting score!

:) :) :) :eek:

Eh what? My system leaves people in class for 6 months at a time. (Would consider three months) This is not anything like that ghastly Lewis system or any other classed-on-the-day nonsense..

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that would be a valid failing in the system if it occurred. However, I have done about 500 registered ESP shoots and I have never seen less than 19 entries. Maybe trap and other less popular disciplines have very low entries, no idea, hence I did state Sporting for this system.
In gliding competition the handicapping is run on a similar basis with the day being worth 1000 points to the winner and scores splipping away down the placings.

A shoot could be downgraded from 100% depending on the long term averages of the shooters taking part.

So if George and Ed pitch up its a 100% day. If only I shoot then it's about a 40% day! :)

Will.

Bet your glad you stuck your neck out and started this post.

You can see what the poor old CPSA has to put up with.
 The difference being, at least Will IS prepared to stick his neck out, discuss the situation and maybe even change things for the better!  :biggrin:

Go Will!!!!  :biggrin:

In gliding competition the handicapping is run on a similar basis with the day being worth 1000 points to the winner and scores splipping away down the placings.

A shoot could be downgraded from 100% depending on the long term averages of the shooters taking part.

So if George and Ed pitch up its a 100% day. If only I shoot then it's about a 40% day! :)
I agree with this as a principle. However a bit like the idea of only three shooters turning up, I think it's not a realistic worry. About one shoot in 25 I see a lowish entry and/or only a light smattering of talent. Most shoots are well attended and the shocking amount of talent that's around never fails to amaze me.

A friend and me shot the World sporting handicapped system at Orston on Sunday, it appears we will never do very good at it as the handicap is 90 minus your average, the high scores were 102 - 104's, which means they were shooting 12-14 above their normal average. My friend and I shot 76 and 74, so to be anywhere near we need to be doing late 80's or 90. Which is completely unreal. So yet another biased system open to abuse. On the plus side the course was very entertaining which was all we were really after, but there is no wonder this world sporting thing hasn't taken off.

Latest posts

Back