Problem target

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotshot100

Went to Kingsferry today to shoot some skeet which is something that I haven't done for a while but should do more often. I dropped 12 targets out of 100 but the annoying part was that the majority were on stand 1.

The 12 that I dropped were I low target on stand 4 pairs, 2 high house targets on stand 2, 2 high house targets on stand 1 and 7 low house targets on stand1.

This is something that I have now done on so many occasions over the past 3 or 4 years that I think it is becoming more of a psychological thing than any thing else.

Any one got any suggestions please as this is so frustrating.

Funny enough I very rarely miss the high house target from station 7 which is a very similar target.

Feet position and Hold point mate, are you shooting maitained lead as this is difficult and will make you miss unless you do the same thing all the time.

don't move until you see the clay.

High house stand one, put your barrels on the hold point and look up with you eyes, when i used shoot skeet, the amount of times i used to miss this bird because my eyes were fixed on the rib of the gun.

Your visual pick up and hold point should never be the same place.

Psycholoigical thing i am with you mate! I know the theory but cant shoot for SH*T

I'll repeat wot Wylye put on another thread ROFPMSL

Last edited by a moderator:
rollonfloorp***ingmyselflaughing hotshot ;)

K80's post cracked me up

Come down to Oxney on a Friday to sort your problems with high and low one, mornings are the quietest.

Thankfully I have now found the answer to my problem. Went to Kingsferry today with very similar results.

After I had finished the competition Alan May took me on to peg one and tried unsuccessfully to get me on to the target. However we got rained off and whilst waiting in the club house he recalled one other shooter that had had exactly the same problem a few years back and the reason was that on this one target his left eye had started trying to take over.

When the rain stopped we went straight back out on to station one, closed left eye called for the target and hit it every time. I then realised that the sight picture that I had been getting was 'confused'. Now the sight picture is as it should be.

Now looking forward to shooting the SKD championship in 2 weeks time.

Thank you all for your help!!

even though you have found a remedy , you haven't identified the cause . It could be one of several.

Watch Todd Bender's DVD, you'll not miss a baseline target again!

Latest posts

Back