Prize money

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Southdown operating wrongly then..
Could it be that Sunday was a selection shoot?

5TH MARCH               PRACTICE                                                    Last Entries: 14:30

12TH MARCH                                                                                    Last Entries: 14:30

100 Reg. Sporting & Essex Selection Shoot; 100 Reg. Sportrap + Pool Shoot

15TH MARCH (Wed)                                                                        Entries: Pre-book

100 Reg. FITASC pre-book recommended but can enter on the day + Practice

18TH-19TH MARCH                                                                          Entries: Pre-book

100 Reg. FITASC 5TH (last) in Winter Series + Sporting practice (no skeet)

26TH MARCH                                                                                    Last Entries: 14:30

BICTSF Compak Sporting English Open Championship & GB Team Selection Shoot

Book via BICTSF Website, 100 Reg. Sporting & Surrey Championship

we have lists and money going back over 20 years i believe.

there is always a list on the office door that goes back years and is constantly updated.

Sounds very much like Premium Bonds and The National Lottery!

I don't see how a selection shoot for a county the shooters aren't in affects prize distribution in A class though..

Taken from cpsa rule book, current copy, August 2015

1.10 TIE BREAKERS In the event of a tie, whenever required and in accordance with the Jury’s instructions, a shoot-off will decide the individual High Gun and the winners of all article and/or trophy, medal or badge prizes. In the event of two or more shooters tied for a title, who are not present for a Shoot-Off, the winner will be decided by Count-Back.

All cash-only prizes shall be awarded on an ‘add and divide’ basis unless there are any titles and/or trophy, medal or badge prizes at stake in which case a shoot-off will determine all the prizes (article, trophy, medal, badge and/or cash), after which any additional cash-only prizes shall be awarded on an ‘add and divide’ basis. At all registered events the shoot-off procedure defined in the current discipline Technical Rules shall be applied where necessary.

In the event of a shoot off in any registered, County, Regional or National Championship shoot if one or more competitors are not present at the time of being called for the shoot off then they automatically forfeit their chance of winning. Any shoot off must take place immediately after the main competition has finished. In the event of failing light or extreme weather the jury will decide when the shoot off will take place. For an All Round competition one of the four disciplines (see rule 27) will be drawn at random by the Jury and then the appropriate discipline shoot-off procedure applied.

If its a registered shoot and not a championship then there is no shoot-off, its add and divide regardless if all the shooters or none of them are present at the prize giving. 
Sorry old chap BUT thats not true !!!

All cash-only prizes shall be awarded on an ‘add and divide’ basis unless there are any titles and/or trophy, medal or badge prizes at stake
Are you sure Mossy? Looks a bit confusing to a simple-minded bloke like me. The above is from your post and looks fairly straightforward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how a selection shoot for a county the shooters aren't in affects prize distribution in A class though..
 Neither can I. If it was a county championship and a trophy was up for grabs the lines would be blurred even though technically they are different events run in parallel on the same course. I assume Paul is going to question this with them and refer to CPSA rulebook?

My post is copied & pasted from the current rule book.

clearly states that if 1 shooter is present for shoot off & the other/s aren't  then they forefeit the high gun prize ..... simples !!!!

My post is copied & pasted from the current rule book.

clearly states that if 1 shooter is present for shoot off & the other/s aren't  then they forefeit the high gun prize ..... simples !!!!
But the one in question was surely cash prize only therefore no shoot off required and was relating to 1st place in A class not HG.

Back