Premier league at West London.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can drag myself out of bed early enough I'm aiming to get there for 9 or just before, it's a couple of hours drive for me.  Depends entirely on what time I leave the pub tonight though.

I'm just hoping that everyone whinged about it enough last year that they won't have made it quite so tough this time!
Tough ???..........thought last years rounds was a great round, something there for all levels !!

Still overall high gun was one of our locals ....... :smile:

It was the first time I ever went to a Registered shoot on my own.  For a middling C class shot at their first solo Registered it wasn't much fun.  I struggled for the following three months, totally lost confidence in being able to hit anything, even the easiest targets.

Tough ???..........thought last years rounds was a great round, something there for all levels !!

Still overall high gun was one of our locals ....... :smile:
The results showed it Phil. I know many people enjoyed the challenge, but I reckon I've done about 700 registered shoots and that's in the top three toughest. Forget HG (which was 89), it was more the fact that out of 335 entries, 16 people bettered 80! Over 50% of the entry could not hit 55. Anyway, it's history, let's see how tomorrow goes. I'm really looking forward to it as it's a rare chance to shoot a comp there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the first time I ever went to a Registered shoot on my own.  For a middling C class shot at their first solo Registered it wasn't much fun.  I struggled for the following three months, totally lost confidence in being able to hit anything, even the easiest targets.
Similar here. Although I did give up mentally with the long queues and bitterly cold wind (admittedly I was under layered). I though I had hit 48ish but just checked and it was actually 41 - ouch. Thats by far my worst score at a registered ever. I think they listened too hard to those complaining it was too soft the first year (GD and MM straighted it).

The plus side is that I don't have to do a lot to beat my last score .!

For sure, last years shoot showed a couple of things. Firstly after the first year, a pendulum swings too far. 2015 was actually a great shoot it just needed two or three of the very soft stands changing to medium / hard. Also, in 2016 WLSS were unlucky with just how bitterly cold it was and how huge the entry was which meant long freezing waits for most of us. This cost us all a few targets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed 59 in C class - not the best score in the world but I felt like I had won a world championship. Thoroughly enjoyed the day even if it was brass monkey weather. I won't be disappointed if it's a tough one again to be honest ??

Be interesting to hear what people think of it this year.  Did they over-compensate and make it too soft a shoot again?

Be interesting to hear what people think of it this year.  Did they over-compensate and make it too soft a shoot again?
It was softer than I expected but I still had last year in the back of my mind. I don't think they went stupidly soft. Looking on Facebook a lot had problems with the crow 2nd bird on stand 6. Dunno if the wind picked up but I found it fairly straightforward and hit all 4.Was disappointed there was not a single rabbit.

When the wind was blowing it was pushing it away and slightly right.  I missed two of them, but not because of that.  Timing was slightly off and I was too early and underneath as a result.

Back