Ported Barrels for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Guys what's the latest on Ported barrels for Olympic Trap? I can't remember if they are allowed or not? There's a 32"set of Perazzi barrels for sale and I was wondering if I would be ok to use them for OT.

I thought you could but don't quote me on it.

As far as I can recollect ported barrels are allowed again. Best to look at the rules on the ISSF website for peace of mind.

Here we go, found it:

Ported Barrels and Ported Interchangeable Chokes

a) Ported barrels are permitted, provided they do not extend back further than 20 cm as measured from the end of the muzzle; and

B) Ported interchangeable chokes are permitted, provided their porting plus any barrel porting does not exceed 20 cm as measured from the muzzle end of the interchangeable fitted choke.

Yes there's an advert on shootbay for an SC3 that comes with an additional set of 32" barrels, but they're ported. I'm interested in just the barrels so i've sent a message to find out if the seller would split the sale.

Wonder what the rule is for abt ?

I am pretty sure there still a no no for dtl.

There ok for dtl it's ported chokes are not don't know about abt

The market here has finally fallen out of love with ports - aftermarket ports at least.  Ported barrels (modified barrels in general) regularly bring lower prices and are perceived as less desirable.  I actually thot that the shooters here were too stupid and fad driven to ever tumble to the idea that ports and bore jobs were crap.  They're still buying the 32" and 34" O/U monstrosities tho, bless their hearts.

Ha, you not a fan of 32 either then Charlie ?

Or fads by the sound of it, me neither mate.

Ported, not ported, fixed choke, multi-choke, high rib, low rib, reverse rib, tapered rib, parallel rib, 30 inch, 32 inch even 34 inch, straight or bent.

I can miss um with all of the above!!

DT

Ported, not ported, fixed choke, multi-choke, high rib, low rib, reverse rib, tapered rib, parallel rib, 30 inch, 32 inch even 34 inch, straight or bent.

I can miss um with all of the above!!

DT
My near misses are always better with 30 inch tubes Greg!! :laugh:

Most of my misses are straight birds, because i'm jumping. I done loads of straight birds at Nutty last weekend.

At 6'3" and 18 stone I think 32" barrels will smooth my shooting out a bit and I do recall that all my decent 90+ scores (years ago) were with a 32" 3800 Miroku. 

Ha, you not a fan of 32 either then Charlie ?

Or fads by the sound of it, me neither mate.
No, I think I'm finally big item fad proof     :crazy:

Jay - I fear you are confusing barrel length with weight.  BUT - it's obvious to even the most casual observer that big guys are usually strong enough that heavy, long barreled guns are not a problem.  OTOH I've seen REAL BIG guys shooting pigeons with guns that were no different length/weight wise than mine.  Sooooo, whatever works.  Hope you find what you need.

Charlie

Latest posts

Back