Pitch Spacers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob 2705

Hi All

Looking to get a Pitch Spacer for my stock but struggling to find one in the UK

I see that Kick Eez do one, but can't seem to find someone who sells the spacer in the UK

Looking for a 1/4" at the top

I can always get one from America, just thought it was work asking first

Many Thanks

James

I've got mine from Sporting Targets at Riseley, their stock levels are a bit hit and miss though (excuse pun).

Washers are the way! Pop a bit of tape on, stopt them rattling....

I've got mine from Sporting Targets at Riseley, their stock levels are a bit hit and miss though (excuse pun).
I've looked on their website and see they only list the normal spacers, not a tapered/pitch one
Was yours a pitch spacer or just a normal spacer?

I'll give them a call or pop them an email

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather not use washers if I'm honest, since I'm going to fit a new Buttpad I might as well do it properly

Tinker bell said:
That is properly you daft thing....washers let you know what spacer you need...after trial and error with 1,2,3 etc. also where you are altering the pitch from top or bottom....then...if you choose to do a proper job when you have the pitch right you do it by getting your gunsmith to cut the correct angle and fit the correct width of pad .

Simples
I've already been using washers, hence I know I want 1/4" at the top
I can cut the stock myself, which I did on my previous Browning

But when I've got a nice grade 5 piece of wood I don't fancy going around chopping bits of wood off, especially if someone wants the standard pitch when I go to sell it!

' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="562px" height="750px">">' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="562px" height="750px">

Don't cut your stock, that's permenent, picture is of a spacer made by Jim Young, North Ayrshire shooting ground, washers were used to get the angle, spacer was cut and glued to the pad...no wood finishing required, a new pad can be fitted without a 'wedge' if I want to move the gun on. Was cheap to do, any descent gunsmith should be able to do this!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Read edited post...
Perfect, thanks James!
That was exactly my argument, I'd like it be reversible if I ever wanted to, because as you mentioned the next buyer might not want the pitch on it, and I'd feel happier selling a gun with the standard pitch

I've looked on their website and see they only list the normal spacers, not a tapered/pitch one

Was yours a pitch spacer or just a normal spacer?

I'll give them a call or pop them an email
I've had both and the 1/4 to a 1/16 and 1/8 to 1/16 or 1/2 to 1/16. Out roost shooting now so can't check. Talk to Steve Matcham in the shop others aren't au fait with the odds & sods.

They actually have some pitch spacers in the shop at MCSC. I'm there on Weds next week so could easily photograph them for you and get any relevant details or even purchase them and send on if required. By all means pm me if it can help you out.

Tidy job that James btw!

I have various in stock, or if you fancy some grinding, use a nice bit of walnut...

Jim spalding stocks them, as he is the kickeeze importer from Derek Partridge

Thanks all, I really do appreciate all the help!

I think I may be sorted, got in touch with Steve @ Sporting Targets and he has some, so if all goes well I'll probably get one of him

But once again, thanks all - I really do appreciate all the help and advice you give!

James

Latest posts

Back