PFS Stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMON-B

Has anyone managed to successfully import a PFS stock direct from America, with the current exchange rates it would be roughly £450 cheaper.
Thanks.

" thats when the fight started "

Wait till you see the import charge and VAT bill when you do import one!! I guarantee it will not be £450 cheaper then!!

Just saying..

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have one for sale shortly if interested. Probably a month or two.

Coming off a Gold E too.

995517_10151790185668705_1062826633_n.jpg

Horses for courses I know but that has got be the ugliest thing anybody could do with a gun. I do however understand the possible benefits of having the device... but not for me.

Horses for courses I know but that has got be the ugliest thing anybody could do with a gun. I do however understand the possible benefits of having the device... but not for me.
It isn't, mine is even worse because the back end is black plastic.

Agree, they do look like a prosthesis but I i didn't buy it for its looks only its function.

well theres bad timing for you, just sold my gold e. :banghead:
:D

Gee... I'll never knock anybody for trying to get better results from their shooting ... I bought a P gun, never felt better shooting and I am confident with it... loads of shooters hate them too! You have one so you know the score.

Yeah, Everyman's TryGun.  I can certainly see the utility of that and can think of lotsa times how handy it would have been.

but the orthopedic appliance aspect is just not something I could actually live with, even relatively ugly as my wooden stocks are.

but then, that could just be me

I'm still waiting for the adjustable forend.  Now, that'll really be something, eh?

The main stock is universal and you can buy the grip section for about £200.

With regards to importing.  It WILL get stopped.

Unless you know the "Specific Item Code", you will pay around 10% Duty, then you will pay 20% VAT on the total including the shipping. You will want expedited shipping, insured, which is $60 from PFS.

Sooo...

£769 for the stock

£36 for the shipping

£76.90 duty

£845.90 plus shipping

£881.90 plus 20% VAT

£1058.28

Plus when it hits the UK, RM or whoever will charge you a handling fee of around £15.

£1073.28  and no warranty coz you imported it.

Of course, the duty could be more than that. Import duty can be as high as 85%!

If you were able to convince the vendor, to send the item as "Warranty Returns", and include a letter stating that they are returning your stock and that they found an issue with the Bevelle Spring pack (or whatever), so they have replaced the stock

THEN...you could get it for a bargain and you would not need to pay duty or VAT on the item,, as it has merely been sent out for the country for repairs and come back...sneaky sneaky and probably very illegal...I have heard it works though...

Mind you...you would be better off just having an adjustable comb and an ISIS 2 fitted...coz PFS stocks are just big springs...springs bounce...this is bad. :)

The main stock is universal and you can buy the grip section for about £200.

With regards to importing.  It WILL get stopped.

Unless you know the "Specific Item Code", you will pay around 10% Duty, then you will pay 20% VAT on the total including the shipping. You will want expedited shipping, insured, which is $60 from PFS.

Sooo...

£769 for the stock
£36 for the shipping

£76.90 duty

£845.90 plus shipping
£881.90 plus 20% VAT
£1058.28

Plus when it hits the UK, RM or whoever will charge you a handling fee of around £15.

£1073.28  and no warranty coz you imported it.

Of course, the duty could be more than that. Import duty can be as high as 85%!

If you were able to convince the vendor, to send the item as "Warranty Returns", and include a letter stating that they are returning your stock and that they found an issue with the Bevelle Spring pack (or whatever), so they have replaced the stock
THEN...you could get it for a bargain and you would not need to pay duty or VAT on the item,, as it has merely been sent out for the country for repairs and come back...sneaky sneaky and probably very illegal...I have heard it works though...

Mind you...you would be better off just having an adjustable comb and an ISIS 2 fitted...coz PFS stocks are just big springs...springs bounce...this is bad. :)
What if it appears in a friends luggage on his way home..wink wink nudge nudge.. ;)

What if it appears in a friends luggage on his way home..wink wink nudge nudge.. ;) " thats when the fight started "
Well...you wouldn't catch me carrying a few hunks of metal, that assemble into a part of a firearm...in a suitcase on a plane...nope... :eek:

131112160248-xray-xspas-12-horizontal-gallery.jpg

If you want to get it, have them send it as "Warranty Repairs" as suggested or "Engineering Samples".

If you have a friend in teh USA, ship it to them and have them ship it to you, stating the suggestions above (if vendor wont do it)

Having had a toy plastic gun refused entry on an internal flight as a child, good look with the smuggle #dontbeatightarse #rubberglovesatcustomsmeansbusiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you'll find that a legit a company such as PFS won't export to uk without complying fully with US customs regulations and that will involve describe what the item is and why it's being sent. They are very unlikely to want to incur the wrath of the US customs by telling porkies about presents, returned repairs or samples etc. As previous poster said get a mate or relative in US to send it to you (if you have any in the states).

Better still keep an eye out on fleabay or Guntrader as they are often listed on there second hand.

MM

The PFS things show up regularly on trapshooters.com classified section.  Almost all private sellers and likely not that sympathetic to governments demanding $.  Sign up, check the adverts and discuss thru the PM utility

You could likely find a new best friend.

Thanks for the advice people, I do have friends in the states who could send one to me, but they are not shooters so I am reluctant. Have emailed Vern Brown and postage to the UK is only charged at $65 then UK taxes will obviously be added.

Cant you find any good price ones in blighty i thought they were under 1k

Out of interest why do you want one ?

Cant you find any good price ones in blighty i thought they were under 1k
Out of interest why do you want one ?
I would like a new one ips and haven't seen one for under £1200. The reason for wanting one is gun fit, I have to shoot a sporter with a montecarlo stock and a fair amount of cast, so every gun I buy needs altering, if I buy the PFS I can transfer it to another gun when I change as long as they make the grips for them. When I add up the money spent on stock work I should of bought one years ago. I do agree they are not the most pleasing to the eye, but I have started to shoot more registered shoots and I will happily take scores over looks. I have managed to find a place that does hydrographic printing and can coat it with a polished burl walnut finish just incase someone with a eell comes along to make me it look inferior. ;)

Back