pet hate .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of begging, Mrs ips was very mad at me two weeks ago.

We went to the NEC caravan show, loads of folk decided they could afford to view 40k plus motorhomes but could not afford a baked potato for £6 so they brought home made sarnies wrapped in foil. Anyway there was a huge crowd of them all sat on the floor against a wall. (some of you now may have guessed the rest) as we walked by I thought it a good idea to get a pound coin out of my pocket and pretend to throw it at the afforsaid seated crowd and even to my amazement I could be heard to shout the following "here you go buy yourself something warm but don't spend it on alchohol or drugs" Mrs ips was not amused as I thought I had thought it but apparently I did actually say it.... oops
Ha.....that's one of your best yet Ian. :laugh:  Anyway, why do motorhomes all seem to have a maximum speed of 40mph? Well that's as fast as they go when they get down this way, we even get tractors queuing behind the things!!! :roadrage:

Well.....IMHO

2r2rpt3.jpg
Make my day!!!!!!!

GREENI said:
I'm a cyclist too (not a Lycra wearing one) and I also work in the cycle trade.

This forum is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm outta here.
Well where I live they close all the roads for 3 days once a year for a bloody cycle race and the whole of London comes to a standstill.

I go to Southdown cyclists every where from Boxhill to Worthing 100,s of them all over the dual carriage ways despite big purpose built cycle paths.

Why don't cyclists use the cycle paths?

Well cyclists leave a bad taste in my mouth.

They should have tax and insurance and be held to account for road offences just like the rest of us.

Why do they cycle down the middle of the road holding everyone up.

It's ignorance!

IMO.

Don't hold back Rosso say it like it is mate ;)

Well that's what I and 1000,s of others have to put up with every year.

Its not nice to here it but its also not nice to have my right of movement restricted this way.

They should not race on the roads.

Ha.....that's one of your best yet Ian. :laugh:  Anyway, why do motorhomes all seem to have a maximum speed of 40mph? Well that's as fast as they go when they get down this way, we even get tractors queuing behind the things!!! :roadrage:
Hire ones don't ! The "elvis" style motorhome I hired to go to Beverley cruised comfortably at a speed above 70.

i do not understand why cyclists are allowed to race on the open road when nothing else is allowed to,should be banned immediately.

i recently was on the way to a shoot and passed a few, on coming to the next junction i attempted to turn left but the f***ing idiots came streaming around both sides of me and straight across the give way.

as i continued to turn left a couple banged the side of the van shouting that i was getting in the way of there race and causing them to lose places!! nevermind the safety issues of ending up under a motor vehicle.

funnily enough they couldn't get away fast enough when i got out  :spiteful:

just a bunch of idiots fuelled by the media professing that its always the driver in the wrong.

an example of the bad feeling they create http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10957529.Controversial_Wiggle_cycle_event_moves_to_Matchams_after_rows_in_New_Forest/?ref=rss

again i just do not understand why these events are allowed they cause huge disruption and the traffic is already atrocious in this part of the world

last saturday i was driving near chichester when a group of oncoming cyclists approx 50 decided they wanted to turn right across the traffic in front of me,the lead cyclist stopped in the middle of the road without warning and held her hand up as if she had a god given right to stop other people who actually pay to use the roads while they all passed.

cyclists are without doubt the most ignorant,unreasonable and in some cases downright dangerous group of idiots on our roads.

to balance this i also hate caravanners and motorhomes....why can't they go North instead of South!!!

can you tell i do a lot of miles??

There's nothing like a good generalisation is there?

I think that cycle races in Bournemouth are great as everyone that lives there is retired and waiting to die anyway, so doesn't need to drive about clogging up the roads. ;-)

Oops I nearly read that wrong. Wondered at first what was not to like.

There's nothing like a good generalisation is there?

I think that cycle races in Bournemouth are great as everyone that lives there is retired and waiting to die anyway, so doesn't need to drive about clogging up the roads. ;-)
i thought i was quite specific in general.

coffin dodgers only come out on thursdays to collect their pension and sunday for lunch (tongue in cheek before i get shot down again),amusingly i have seen a few articles with them bemoaning the fact that Bournemouth is not the quiet retirement haven they thought it would be!

anyway nevermind Bournemouth...what about Eastbourne?

"Oops I nearly read that wrong. Wondered at first what was not to like." took me a couple of retakes to

Eastbourne is full of people waiting to die, as is Bexhill-on-Sea.  I'm closer to Hastings, which used to have the highest suicide rate in England - I can understand why.

The last time I went to Bournemouth the little road train that runs along the seafront went past with the driver putting his foot down.  The back end of the train started swinging from side to side and the last carriages were up on two wheels at the end of each swing.  Driver finally realised and slowed down, but from the screams I reckon the incontinents pants had to work harder than usual. 

It's gonna be really funny when you're old enough to deal with the potential sh*tting of the pants.  Of course you may not be that aware of it by that time so it might not be that big a deal   

besta luck    :crazy:    :crazy:    :crazy:        :fie:   :fie:

I have to get out for my ride now

c'ya later

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gonna be really funny when you're old enough to deal with the potential sh*tting of the pants.  Of course you may not be that aware of it by that time so it might not be that big a deal   

besta luck    

I have to get out for my ride now

c'ya later
nan was 96 and still capable,parents are mid eighties and still more lively than most so i am not worrying

odds on who gets there first?

cya  :haha:

Eastbourne is full of people waiting to die, as is Bexhill-on-Sea.  I'm closer to Hastings, which used to have the highest suicide rate in England - I can understand why.

The last time I went to Bournemouth the little road train that runs along the seafront went past with the driver putting his foot down.  The back end of the train started swinging from side to side and the last carriages were up on two wheels at the end of each swing.  Driver finally realised and slowed down, but from the screams I reckon the incontinents pants had to work harder than usual. 
phew...it was the one in Poole i fixed!!

If genetics tells, its coming in a few years.  Although, even now if I have too spicy a Ruby it can be a close call.

i nearly did,nt make it today at work, why do people always want to stop

and chat when your nearly bobbing yourself glad to report no accidents today

Latest posts

Back