Perazzi MX8

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had opposite experience with Chris Potter gunshop, sent email and had a response that answered the question, now a local gunshop in a town not too far away could not be bothered when I enquired ( visit in person x twice) about one of the guns they had in stock, so not been there again.

Multis, got one and keep same chokes in both barrels, mind you only shoot sporting.

Perazzi, even as a previously loved its an aspirational purchase gun for me at mo, but its on the radar etc, and tbh I'd go for a "as factory built" sorry but aftermarket does not appeal.

I think this is talking about a 'trap' gun. Very rare to want them choked.

Yes Guru.....I have to agree...that when I shot FITASC sporting (even though confused souls think I didn't or was crap at it)....lots of people used fixed choke trap guns. There was little fiddling. I think that the fiddling is more an English sporting thing.....when bored waiting in endless queues waiting for your turn. With FSP you are straight out onto the layout and concentrating ....no time for fiddling....plus we had close and distance targets on the same layouts.....so you had to have the gun, cartridge, skill combo for the lot.

:laugh:

Anyway back to the thread.

MX8 Trap - can I suggest that if you want it for sporting and if you have no intention of selling it.....then this will suit you down to the ground. You will not get a finer gun that the Perazzi work horse the MX8......true story ..!

If you bought and did want to sell later....it could not be termed a 'trap MX8' ...it would really be a 'sporterisssed MX8' which is how this one should have been described in the first place.......just saying.

I hope that helps.

According to the Perrazi catalogue  multi chokes are a factory option on their guns and must make them more versatile to use.

If you bought and did want to sell later....it could not be termed a 'trap MX8' ...it would really be a 'sporterisssed MX8' which is how this one should have been described in the first place.......just saying.

I hope that helps.
Tis what happens when established gun dealers forget to consult you prior to advertising their guns, anywhooo Perazzi sell Trap guns already multi choked, sorry sporterized. :lol:   :paint:

Tis what happens when established gun dealers forget to consult you prior to advertising their guns, anywhooo Perazzi sell Trap guns already multi choked, sorry sporterized. :lol:   :paint:
I am not buying it. I already rejected that one as I stated earlier....and bought a good MX8 trap 31.5 un touched. Perfect condition.

According to the Perrazi catalogue multi chokes are a factory option on their guns and must make them more versatile to use.
Yes factory multis for sporters. But that is not what we are talking about here.To get back on track.

The question was about an MX8 'TRAP' 31.5 that had be choked after it left the factory.....

Not with Perazzi chokes.....but with Brierley chokes.

An opinion was asked....and several trap shooters gave their opinion.

It is now up to the OP to decide whether to buy it or not.

It matters not to anyone else....unless they want to buy it as well.

It does not cost us anything to give an opinion.

It does not matter if our opinion is taken or not.

I am not sure why comments were made about one persons opinion as a collector of MX8 against the opinion of a gun shop.

The gun shop is there to sell what he has :wink: and I bet the gun shop selling this one did not sporterize it either....it might have come in as a part ex.

I have no idea why you would multi choke new guns after they have left the factory (as one poster pointed out) you would have to ask the other shop.....but it might be for sporting guns or shooters. I seriously doubt that the new guns that had been choked after leaving the factory, would have been trap guns.....but as I have not looked I do not know and I am not that interested really.

I hope this helps anyone new reading the thread who has skimmed but not read all of it.

As always ....happy to be of help where I can :wink:

Last edited:
No, multichokes not just for Sporters, for Trap guns too.
From the factory? Or done over here? Not sure I understand your comment.

However Perazzi 'purists' will not buy things that are altered once it has left the factory ......true story.

Hence untouched guns make better prices....just saying.

But to be clear.....I have already said that I have a MX8 that I choked (Teague) in the bottom barrel for pigeon.....but that I did it because I would never sell it.

Each to their own.

It matters not to me.

But the OP asked for opinions. Opinions were given. No one is being an expert....they are giving the opinion based on the facts of the 2nd hand market for these guns and how the price reflects not only the condition...but what has been altered after it left the factory.

Simples.

All Perazzi shotguns can be bought from the factory with multichokes, they will sell you whatever you want, be it a choice of barrel length, type of rib, type of mid rib etc:

I cannot see the point in buying a fixed choke gun today especially if you shoot more than one discipline with it, they are just more versatile.

All Perazzi shotguns can be bought from the factory with multichokes, they will sell you whatever you want, be it a choice of barrel length, type of rib, type of mid rib etc:

I cannot see the point in buying a fixed choke gun today especially if you shoot more than one discipline with it, they are just more versatile.
Yes Mike....we have already said this.

What we are talking about....that affects price in the Perazzi collectors eyes.....is changes made to a gun after it has left the factory.

It has been clearly explained in the several posts above. If you skim read you will miss the subject of the conversation.

My two peneth for what its worth

I personally would never buy anything with after market chokes (or factory for that matter) but then I am a tradisionalist.

Can you get Perazzi vests with Purristaaa writ large on the back? Count me in if being a purist makes an iota of difference to your scores.

I am sure it wont have any effect on scores Hammy, as I say I just like fixed but as previously stated I don't need multi so I have no need to like em  :)

Well IPS I am sure the Italians will be happy with his taking the piss out of those of them who are purists. 

(But I am just glad for once he is not referring to me :laugh: as i have said i have a choked Perazzi.........but i did not buy it choked......and that is the difference). 

.....true story :wink:

Well IPS I am sure the Italians will be happy with his taking the piss out of those of them who are purists. 

(But I am just glad for once he is not referring to me :laugh: as i have said i have a choked Perazzi.........but i did not buy it choked......and that is the difference). 

.....true story :wink:
Surely it would be easier to just get hold of a factory choked Perazzi, they are not that rare are they?

Back