Perazzi MX8

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked for your views as you are a known Perazzi user, how you see that as an argument is as usual beyond me ! If you weren't bothered why enter the thread at all ? Are you saying we should accept your word as gospel without the need for an explanation ? Thanks anyway.
nic, you and i usually understand each other however with respect on this occasion i think you may have mis read hammys post

Regards Ian

I will not touch a Perazzi that has been choked....especially one with Brieley chokes .....which may be the one offered. :wink:

The resale value is destroyed....true story..!
I would say that the value is degraded, maybe not destroyed.  And I agree that I'd avoid aftermarket choked guns.  Too many ways for that to go wrong and have no recourse.

I'd as well be reluctant to pound some $ into a gun w/out some guarantee of return if not as described and get a GOOD description before sending the $.  In my old age I've become less likely to buy w/out actually seeing the gun, but with a decent set of pix and a guarantee it is still done hahaha

Hamster.

Given my view for what it is worth.

Nothing more to add.

nic, you and i usually understand each other however with respect on this occasion i think you may have mis read hammys post

Regards Ian
We do.But misread... not really.

I offered the best advice I can give on the subject.

And have nothing further to add on that advice.

I entered the thread much against my better judgement in order to help. Now wished I had stayed out.

When I am ever given advice from someone who has more experience with a subject than me.....I follow it.

As I mentioned before....it does not matter a scrap to me.....and it was free advice :wink:

Only answered it because I was bored sat waiting for Le Tunnel crossing that has been delayed....!

Last edited:
Never did say what part of France you were visiting Nicola anywhere near Pau?

Hi nic

hope your not delayed too long.

I think hammy was merely asking for you to elaborate on your previous post and meant no animosity.

Ian

@ips .....still here....going to slit throat soon..!!

Did not ready the post as animosity.

Nothing further to add is my point.

@jwpzx9r ....it was covered on the Waterloo Cup thread. (Le Touquet).

And we won..!!

So the cup is coming back again.

My great little junior shot really well. Only 2 away today and tied with our current World Champion.

(Whooped me on 2 of the 3 days.....it was great to see..!)

Brits in the money again :smile:

Nic

ok understood

Well done nic and your prodigy

hope your home soon

Can I be nosy and ask how much it is as I've been offered a very similar gun , above 2k or below 2k ? :)

I've got teague multi chokes on my mx2000s it's a very versatile gun never had problems with them. The MX8 however that I've been offered is fixed ontop and multi on bottom.
The metal work looks mint in the pictures, I guess your going to fit an aftermarket stock to it ? If so you'll get a few few hundred notes for the original stock if you plan to sell it:)

Hi Hamster has the gun been re-blued? Looks immaculate from those photographs ! If I lived in the UK I might have taken a punt on that myself :) Still could he will send abroad, get it bought!  :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now back in UK so can offer more help if needed.

You all remember I was also looking for 31.5 barrel MX8 (which I have now recently found).

I also looked at this gun and rejected it because not only was it choked....but it was Brieley choked.

Had it been Teague and bottom only then it might have been .....at a pinch.....one to consider.....but only if the price was much lower.

You see peeps the 'only' people who mess with a Perazzi after the factory are people who intend to keep them.

Everyone knows that the minute you choke a Perazzi....you drop it's re-sale price.

So Hampster.....if you like it and it floats your boat....

Yeah....buy it.....it is still the same magnificent machine....

BUT...... Don't pay that price for it....

:laugh:

Last edited:
True story.....just saying....!!

But I bet someone will know better.

(And to be clear.....I also have choked Perazzis......bottom barrel only (for Pigeon).....and they are Teagued........which is why I rejected this one). :wink:

I have choked Perazzis as well - but they are all factory chokes.  I'm long past owning anything that someone has felt needed to be "fixed".

Of course in my little world my wants are similarly small and easily satisfied   :nyam:

and JMO of course

I can't agree or disagree with the right or wrong after market choke I don't have a clue but Chris Potter guns have a fair few brand new Perazzi shotguns that are Briley choked are they really that bad , do they really reduce the value of a Perazzi ? If I was spending £10 +  on a shotgun I would want to be confident that the seller was not doing something that was detrimental to the guns performance and resale value before I had bought it. Just a thought.

Edit

Of course I do not know if these chokes are factory fitted, the may well be?

Hi Hamster has the gun been re-blued? Looks immaculate from those photographs ! If I lived in the UK I might have taken a punt on that myself :) Still could he will send abroad, get it bought!  :) :)
It does look nice, not sure if it has had a re-blue ?! 

I can't agree or disagree with the right or wrong after market choke I don't have a clue but Chris Potter guns have a fair few brand new Perazzi shotguns that are Briley choked are they really that bad , do they really reduce the value of a Perazzi ? If I was spending £10 +  on a shotgun I would want to be confident that the seller was not doing something that was detrimental to the guns performance and resale value before I had bought it. Just a thought.

Edit

Of course I do not know if these chokes are factory fitted, the may well be?
It's probably a Perazzi owners thing not wanting them messed with, can't say I'd ever heard of Brieley chokes being dissed before.

It's probably a Perazzi owners thing not wanting them messed with, can't say I'd ever heard of Brieley chokes being dissed before.
Oh contraire! I read an article by a top (world class) trap shooter who having described the Perazzi as the Ferrari of the shotgun world and then having bought one, tailor made for him at the factory, brought it back to the UK and then had a gunsmith, who was his friend, alter the chokes it to make it better! Mind you that was only his opinion, but then again he was a top shooter so he would have known what he was on about ...maybe.

Looks fine to me and for Christ sake its hardly a fortune have dealt with Derek Lee guns and they were great to do business with IMO if you want a gun to fit a certain criteria then cough up :fie:   having bought a battered Dt10 very cheap I little while ago I knew it would be far from perfect to look at but as with most berettas they just go on forever and a year later got my money back job done!  If the gun has been serviced properly it may well have had worn parts replaced, as for briley they have choked thousands of guns if they were no good they would not be in business true story :suicide:

Latest posts

Back