Pattern Plate - Cartridge ? Choke testing.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think it extremely unlikely that two washers worth of pitch would make a foot of difference to the POI, in fact there are gunsmiths in print who deny pitch makes any odds at all, my own experience of pitch (which I consider important) is that it has a huge affect on mounting ease and recoil phase but nowt on poi. 
OK

A bit like the 'Gunsmiths in print' who claim that raising the comb makes any odds at all ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All many interesting points ,my own experience after many years of playing and experimenting the pitch of the stock is important if the toe of the stock tends to hit the chest normally if you are of the larger chest type but insignificant if quite slim .The toe also needs more cast if you have a large chest comb height if it remains parallel to the rib appears less important ,comfort in the mount is paramount for consistency

It's the vertical of the horizontal (cast) so it should have some affect on where the pellets go. But in practice I found when I raise a comb I still hold the gun at the same angle so not much changes apart from my eye hight

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Now that we've thrashed that one out, lets have a discussion on canting. That's always a good one.

If it falls short of 3 pages i'll be disappointed.

its a bit like trotting but faster

no hang on that's cantering ?

Now that we've thrashed that one out, lets have a discussion on canting. That's always a good one.

If it falls short of 3 pages i'll be disappointed.
Like everything else if you know where your gun is pointing there is no problem. An excellent shot at the club I shoot at has his barrels canted at least 25 degrees off vertical every shot.

I knew a bloke like that. Tried to get an England dtl badge.....never did, despite being a very good shot...sometimes.

as for comb height, again. Renato lamera seems to shoot ot quite well off the hip.....no idea what his comb is set at.

Latest posts

Back