Chokes, patterning, POI, loads, etc.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miroku7000SP1

Not to cast aspersions on anyones results or methods to quantify our wonderful sport, I am as inquisitive as they come, BUT.... Has anyone ever stepped back a couple of paces figuratively and stopped to realize that density percentages, pattern shapes, sparce areas or holes, pattern size, point of impact (relative), etc., as well as all the things that affect these details such as gauge, choke, barrel length, shell components and velocities, atmospheric conditions, shot size-shape-hardness, barrel angle, on and on, - combine to make the comparative results nearly ambiguous?! Sorry for the run-on, and we need to understand and control what we can, but we are talking about hundreds of semi-round spheres spat out of a tube to careen and plane various distances and impact objects for the result of destruction. It's tantamount to controlling the lottery. Being somewhat O.C. by nature I've driven myself nuts and broke chasing a perfect 73.5% 30 inch even pattern of #8s at 15-40 yards. An exaggeration, but really don't we need to just go for it on our chosen targets sometimes? I hope I haven't called out a crap storm here. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back