Pain in the neck.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again Guys and Gal ! went for the pre  ops today, they took a swab from my groin area. I am putting a sticky note on my backside with "Open other end" written on it...................just in case !  Well you hear so many stories, don't you ?

I had to have shoulder stabilisation surgery in March.  Shooting again now though.  Hope your op goes well.  My surgeon saw me before I went into theatre and put a big arrow on my shoulder in permanent marker so he knew which one he had to work on!

hope all goes well ,   I suppose we should all try and manage recoil  better  ,  keep us posted on your recovery ,
Doc.

I do not believe that this is a recoil induced injury. I have dislocated the shoulder twice, during my years at work. This had left the shoulder joint grating and grinding, when rotating my right upper arm. I had suffered aches and pains in the shoulder for some time, but they never lasted for long. Last October I was removing the roof from a garden shed, prior to dismantling and it was after this that the trouble really began. By April of this year it had become continuous pain and I was attending physio weekly. This led to a steroid injection into the shoulder but it has had no effect, hence the op. Thanks for kind comment. Keith.

Well, I have had the Op. Wow, talk about pain. Anyway painkillers have been upped and dosage increased so hoping to get some sleep. Have spent Saturday, Sunday and last night sat in recliner chair, due to not being able to lay down. The crutches are taking some getting used to, I was right to worry about the Irish Physio ! Had dressings changed today and have started some of the exercises. Still having to use the sling when venturing out . I do get worried about the NHS at times though, I was back at hospital for Physio check today. Due to bruising and swelling of my right arm, she decided to get the Dr. to take a look. He looked at the arm and asked me "what I had had done", I informed him that I did not know, as I was asleep at the time. The Physio then showed him the notes ? ..........................I despair !         :rolleyes:

Glad you are up on your feet.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks Guy's and Gal, I am hoping to be able to attend a game shoot in late January, using either my 20 or the Grandkids 28 bore. I do not propose to shoot before then. I met a Guy at the hospital today who also had his op on Saturday, I had been driven there by a shooting pal, this guy had driven himself, admitting he had taken strong painkillers to help him get there. The mind boggles, especially after just renewing my car insurance too !

Well, I have had the Op. Wow, talk about pain. Anyway painkillers have been upped and dosage increased so hoping to get some sleep. Have spent Saturday, Sunday and last night sat in recliner chair, due to not being able to lay down. The crutches are taking some getting used to, I was right to worry about the Irish Physio ! Had dressings changed today and have started some of the exercises. Still having to use the sling when venturing out . I do get worried about the NHS at times though, I was back at hospital for Physio check today. Due to bruising and swelling of my right arm, she decided to get the Dr. to take a look. He looked at the arm and asked me "what I had had done", I informed him that I did not know, as I was asleep at the time. The Physio then showed him the notes ? ..........................I despair !         :rolleyes:
Did'nt think it would have been fair to worn you ha'ha 

Still it's over now just got to take it easy ?

Dave

Did'nt think it would have been fair to worn you ha'ha

Still it's over now just got to take it easy ?

Dave
Yes, thanks for that David. I was informed yesterday that I had been overdoing the exercises and to rest the shoulder a bit more. I wish these medical people would talk to each other. Saturday I was being told of the importance of the physio and to start as soon as I could, now I have overdone things AAAAAGH !

Keith. It was your right hand which doing all that exercise with has now irritated your right shoulder.

Try using the left hand.
No, it was 99 times.............change hands...................don't care if I do go blind !!!

Yes, thanks for that David. I was informed yesterday that I had been overdoing the exercises and to rest the shoulder a bit more. I wish these medical people would talk to each other. Saturday I was being told of the importance of the physio and to start as soon as I could, now I have overdone things AAAAAGH !
funny I was booked in for first session of  phyiso after the Op only to be told after it by the surgeon that I wasn't to do any more phyiso or lifting for 12month Urrr !!! 

Why don't thay talk ???

I've got to say the first five days after the Op were really tough 

but Well worth it now ?

Shooting bit erratic but got no problem with recoil  so far all's good ?

David

Well, 2 weeks since op. I have been in severe pain but trying to minimise the pain killers. Only managing a couple of hours sleep each night, due to not being able to lay down. Keeping up with the physio exercises, within reason, but I feel that there is a long way to go yet. One of my shooting Pals is a GP and he is saying at least February, until I can shoot again.

Well, 2 weeks since op. I have been in severe pain but trying to minimise the pain killers. Only managing a couple of hours sleep each night, due to not being able to lay down. Keeping up with the physio exercises, within reason, but I feel that there is a long way to go yet. One of my shooting Pals is a GP and he is saying at least February, until I can shoot again.
Sorry to hear that Westley.  I do hope the pain subsides soon.  Pity about the shooting but hopefully it will be worth it.

Sorry to hear that Westley.  I do hope the pain subsides soon.  Pity about the shooting but hopefully it will be worth it.
Thank you Sian, I keep telling SWMBO that it is due to carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders all of these years !     :angel:

Have you asked your consultant when you will be able to shoot again? 

Have you asked your consultant when you will be able to shoot again? 
Hi Nick, Yes I have, he reckons around 6 months, but I think he is more concerned about the effects of recoil. He did add that everyone is different and it may be less or could be more, dependant on the person. I am struggling with some of the exercises at present, I have great difficulty in getting my arm above my head, without some assistance from my good arm. They overdid things last Thursday at the Physio session and I was 2 days getting some mobility back into my right arm. Most of the exercises are in 'tens' and I am just giving them 5's at present, it is only just over 2 weeks since the op.

Back