OT selections

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul120

Was looking forward to going to Nutty next wek but found out that the number of targets has mysteriously been cut from 200 to 125 over 2 days. 

Not sure if I'll bother as it's going to be  expensive 2 days for essentially a one day shoot spread over 2 days. 

Still makes me wonder if the powers that be know what they are doing. 

What teally gets my goat is the face that I have arranged my diary to do OT rather than UT or ABT. 

if its going to be 125 then tine. But ffs dont say it's something else then change it.

They call OT the Formula 1 of Clay shooting..   sounds about right with the way it's run with the vested interests and politics.

Bollox. 

bollox indeed, I couldn't be bothered I am having a sabbatical. :)

As a matter of interest where did it ever say the selection shoots would be 200 targets? I don't recall any of the SS being 200 last year.

It is what it is now BS have got their claws into it. Wonder if it's being run by BICTSF or BS? 

Going to be interesting how they cope with women's 75 target shoot and men's 125 target shoot using 4 layouts? I foresee much hanging about!

Ho hum

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
The initial published shoot dates and the England Team selection forms and procedure . 100 each day.  for the 1l2 day shoots and 75 75 50 at Brookbank.

Don't think I was dreaming. 

Th8nk they've been updatedm I'll go throught my history and see if I can find it. 

Th8nk they've been updatedm I'll go throught my history and see if I can find it. 
Paul they're 125 and 75.  The CPSA was probably going on last year's mishmash.

As a matter of interest where did it ever say the selection shoots would be 200 targets? I don't recall any of the SS being 200 last year.

It is what it is now BS have got their claws into it. Wonder if it's being run by BICTSF or BS? 

Going to be interesting how they cope with women's 75 target shoot and men's 125 target shoot using 4 layouts? I foresee much hanging about!

Ho hum

DT
There's a variety of ways it can be run. I reckon all will be shooting 75 on the first day, whether the men shoot on three ranges and the women on the fourth is one option. The schemes will have to be set according to the ISSF handbook dependent upon how many ranges they use. All will be revealed on Friday I hope.

Paul they're 125 and 75.  The CPSA was probably going on last year's mishmash.

There's a variety of ways it can be run. I reckon all will be shooting 75 on the first day, whether the men shoot on three ranges and the women on the fourth is one option. The schemes will have to be set according to the ISSF handbook dependent upon how many ranges they use. All will be revealed on Friday I hope.
For interest. When is it decided which schemes are used and is it random?

Prob still go as I did also intend on visiting Family who are fairly close. 

For interest. When is it decided which schemes are used and is it random?

Prob still go as I did also intend on visiting Family who are fairly close. 
Well I understand last year a member of BICTSF, who ought to know better and shall remain nameless unless a tempting brown envelope is passed to me, told a ground to put scheme 10 on one range. That would've been difficult as the ISSF handbook only has nine???.

I used to give the ground one week's notice of the schemes to use so they could be set in still weather, I used to rotate them in order from 1 to 9. What happens now is anyone's guess.

If you have a look in the ISSF handbook it has a table of how many schemes to be set according to the number of ranges used.

Why don't you all save your money and shoot the 200 (yes that's 200 bird) Abt selection shoot at the ncsc in a couple of wks, I know what I'd rather do?! 

Have you entered me Bruv?

After yesterday, I'm doing an IPS...........you know, batting for the other side! :wub:

ps was PhilR  @ Bisley? If yes, you didn't introduce me!

Fletch? What a gentlemen :D

Have you entered me Bruv?

After yesterday, I'm doing an IPS...........you know, batting for the other side! :wub:

ps was PhilR  @ Bisley? If yes, you didn't introduce me!

Fletch? What a gentlemen :D
It was PhilR does OT at Nuthampstead. Eleven squads and two ranges until 1.15pm then three meant 8 hours to shoot 100 targets . Some squads had shot their 100 when I just managed to shoot two rounds. ???.

I'll be at NCSC for the ABT selection shoot.?

bollox indeed, I couldn't be bothered I am having a sabbatical. :)
Ha!!!   Ips does sabbatical now!!!  Mind you I agree. Personally I can't be doing with driving flippin miles and it taking all day to shoot a hundred clays or so. These days I just like to show up when I like, shoot what/when I like, loaf about, moan and go home when I like. I've no idea why they all think I'm a miserable old git!    :angel: :lol:

PS.....I may even do a bit of that hedge monkey stuff this summer!  :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly my thoughts for this year at least.

This was my first real stab at a trap discipline. 23  17  23  21

Disappointed with the 17 on layout 1 which seemed harder than the 3. A guy waiting to shoot said that I was over the top of them. 

Entered birds only U/C. End of the day I'm up as A class. A friend entered the same but became C class. Are you classified on your first layout?

It was a long day but I didn't mind, especially as I was in good company. Nicola Heron joined our squad too, so plenty of trap chat :D

Don't know why there were only two layouts open though!

Friendly bunch with lots of fluffy rabbits...........

ABT in a fortnight...........maybe, just maybe :wub:

Back