OT Selection Shoots for 2014 Commonwealth Games

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Just to clarify that this does not affect me in any way but;

The CPSA have decided to move the last Commonwealth OT selection shoot of the year from Beverley on the 7th/8th Sept to Southern Counties on the 28th/29th Sept. https://www.cpsa.co.uk/commonwealth-2014-otr  Bit of a bugger if you have already booked for the 200 bird British Grandprix at Beverley then !! And how do they have a 125 bird selection during a 200 bird Grandprix anyway?? Usual format for a selection shoot is 75 targets on day 1 and 50 targets on day 2. Last time I looked a 200 bird shoot has 100 targets each day?

So that's another shoot you have to attend (if you are trying for a team place) with all the associated costs, especially if you live 'up norf'.  Looks like OT selection is limited to the south of the country with all selection shoots being held in the South (Nuthampstead, NCSC and SC). Unlucky you northern boys.

What I also find somewhat incredible is that on the selection form (see the link above) it states that the selection will be made on the the best agregate score from two of the three shoots but one of these scores must be from the Southern Counties selection shoot????? So if you have shoot two 100 straights at Nutty and NCSC that is not enough and you still need to shoot at SC and if you shoot a 90 x100 at SC you could be out of luck!!

It then goes on to say that the best 4 men and 4 women will be invited to join a commonwealth training group and these will be selected on a points system taken from the highest score. In the event of a tie for the last place in the training group (and here's the best bit) the points from the Beverley shoot will be used to determine the place. Err....what Beverley shoot? There is no longer a Beverley selection shoot cos you've moved it to Southern Counties!!

Now it may just be me but does this not all look a bit like moving the goal posts mid way through the game?

DT

Oh dear......I totally agree with you. You cannot change selection criteria once the selection shoot process has started.

Yet again ...making it up as they go along...!!

They obviously forgot to change both parts that referred to Beverley ....nice to know the finger is on the pulse and the attention to detail is alive and well....!

I am soooooo glad that i do not shoot OT seriously.......so i do not have to get involved in this duck up....!!

Every year at the beginning of the season when the dates come out the competition formerly known as the the breitling which was formerly known as the Rolex (I hear on good authority that a deal has been done with Casio for next year) there are always a load of people saying 'its part of the selection shoots this year'. A couple of months later surprise surprise it is no longer a selection shoot, just a GP. This happens year after year so the above mess comes as no surprise.

And how do they have a 125 bird selection during a 200 bird Grandprix anyway?? Usual format for a selection shoot is 75 targets on day 1 and 50 targets on day 2. Last time I looked a 200 bird shoot has 100 targets each day?
I know at least in Scotland that over a 200 bird event they would use the first 3 scores on the first day and the first 2 scores on the second day to make up your 125 score. 

I know at least in Scotland that over a 200 bird event they would use the first 3 scores on the first day and the first 2 scores on the second day to make up your 125 score. 
I like that idea. ...... very much.

P.s. Hi Andrew. Nice to see you on here. You have had a good year. Well done.

P.s. Hi Andrew. Nice to see you on here. You have had a good year. Well done.
Thanks, nice to be here. I hope it continues the same way with the next three shoots I have. 

I like that idea. ...... very much.
It is a good idea but sometimes it adds that extra bit of pressure because you start to try that little bit harder in the opening rounds rather than just letting it all flow naturally. 

Seems logical. Thanks

DT

Its all very strange indeed DT they did the same with the ABT selection shoot at SC as in changed the date half way through the selections when we had all booked time off and made arrangements. Make it up as you go along why don't you.

Latest posts

Back