Opinions sought on this Gun, Webley&Scott WS900

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The up side is i escaped with my trap guns but beggar all else.

If I knew where you were I would have picked one in your area...you saw the full list I presume?  Links on left are full lists of each make, links on right are individual guns.

Or, as I have said before.  Bung down a real big deposit with Andy Whitmore at Avalon guns and have a new one over 12 months...£57 a month. That's nothing.  Trouble is, we all have an idea of what we can spend NOW...because we want a gun NOW.

I know someone else on here who done this on my suggestion, I think he bought a Silver Pigeon 1.

As an example.  A Brand new Miroku Grade 1 with Teagues.  http://www.avalon-guns.com/gunlist/guns/view/miroku-mk38-gd1-teague-special/

Price: £1208.33

VAT @ 20%: £241.67

Total Cash Price: £1450.00

Advance Payment (Deposit): £800.00

APR: 22.9%

Flat Rate: 5.6%

Minimum Duration: 12 Months

Amount of Credit: £650.00

Interest: £36.52

Document Fee: £35.00

Total Amount Payable: £1521.52

Monthly Payment: £57.21

Quarter Payment: £489.45

Half Payment: £334.61

Three Quarter Payment: £171.59
Thats a great Idea...but for the deposit price. £800.00 I can more or less buy a good 2nd hand one....

Thats a great Idea...but for the deposit price. £800.00 I can more or less buy a good 2nd hand one....

Well obviously!  That is why I posted up all the second hand guns for you. :)

The deposit price is whatever you want, from 10% up.

But, I thought I would make you aware that it is possible to get a new one.  Not many places do decent finance, so you may not have been aware.

Some people like the choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Webley & Scott are made either in Turkey by Turkeys or second rate Italian manufacturers .

They are not of the same quality or kudos as the original Birmingham made W&C Scott.

Buyer Beware springs to mind. But a free one may be okay!

Ive got a webly and scott bought it from chris potters 2 weeks ago and im very happy with it i have shot 200 rounds so far and not had any ptoblems so far. I was told buy what you can afford and feels good yes a mk or berreta would be nice but we have not all got that sort of money !

It just occured to me...although the general consensus was that these guns were bad, nobody actually explained Why they were technically bad, it was mentioned that they were made in Turkey by turks, when I was a teen I had a very cheap guitar that was made in Turkey, it should have been appaulingly bad, (it was what i could afford at the time ) but it was one of the best cheapos I ever had, (bought it from Hessy's) besides, at my current level in the game, am I really gonna hit more clays with say an SP1 or an MK 38 ? Than a WS 912D If the answer is a definite Yes then its a no brainer, but if No, then the only downside would be the loss I would make when I come to upgrade once I have more experience and a lot more kills under my belt. But as a first gun, are they That technically bad ? If so Why? I ask this from the pinnacle of a high fence here.

Ive got a webly and scott bought it from chris potters 2 weeks ago and im very happy with it i have shot 200 rounds so far and not had any ptoblems so far. I was told buy what you can afford and feels good yes a mk or berreta would be nice but we have not all got that sort of money !
No..you WANTED to buy a NEW gun..built to sell for £900, rather than spend £900 on a gun built to sell for £1500.

Nobody told you to buy what you can afford...anyone with any sense says buy the best you can afford

If you buy one of the BIG 3...USED...then you don't have to worry about taking a hit when you upgrade..coz you will be able to sell it for what you paid for it, or pretty near..and, you won't NEED to upgrade.

I'm by no means "rich", or even "comfortably off"...but even I have the good sense to know when a bit of quality matters and when it don't.

No..you WANTED to buy a NEW gun..built to sell for £900, rather than spend £900 on a gun built to sell for £1500.

Nobody told you to buy what you can afford...anyone with any sense says buy the best you can afford

If you buy one of the BIG 3...USED...then you don't have to worry about taking a hit when you upgrade..coz you will be able to sell it for what you paid for it, or pretty near..and, you won't NEED to upgrade.

I'm by no means "rich", or even "comfortably off"...but even I have the good sense to know when a bit of quality matters and when it don't.
Thats a Very good point Skeet....its just that good 2nd hand guns from the big 3 seem to have a very fast turn over, As soon as I enquire about a few they get sold right from under my feet, almost had an SP1 last Tuesday .I just thought if I bought a new one on my budget I might stand a better chance. Also, only about 3 out of 10 enquiries even bother to get back in back to me, I have sent 5 emails out last week, still waiting for a reply, and I've left more than a few voice messages ,no one ever answers the phone these days, have you noticed, not one has ever returned my calls. I'm just getting a bit frustrated by it to be honest, but I have taken note of everything you've said, honest........ But I'll keep trying,

Thats a Very good point Skeet....its just that good 2nd hand guns from the big 3 seem to have a very fast turn over, As soon as I enquire about a few they get sold right from under my feet, almost had an SP1 last Tuesday .I just thought if I bought a new one on my budget I might stand a better chance. Also, only about 3 out of 10 enquiries even bother to get back in back to me, I have sent 5 emails out last week, still waiting for a reply, and I've left more than a few voice messages ,no one ever answers the phone these days, have you noticed, not one has ever returned my calls. I'm just getting a bit frustrated by it to be honest, but I have taken note of everything you've said, honest........ But I'll keep trying,

Still can't remember what area you are in, but...pretty sure Avalon would sort you out new or used.  If they know you want something.

Just remember.  You are not SAVING money by buying a cheap inferior product...you are wasting money.

Kind of agree really. If you don't by one of the big 3 you will end up with one so may as well save the depreciation and get one now. ie a beretta 686 or similar there must be loads to be had i just don't understand the difficulty your having.

I'm in Hertford Skeet, the problems I've been having Ips is I've been beaten past the post several times now, last week I just missed out on an SP1...I was bloody gutted, and annoyed with myself for not being quicker of the mark...Again!

Even when you call, no one answers the ruddy phone or gets back to you when you leave a message, sent out loads of emails, only about 3 have ever replied. But I have made up my mind now, I'm going to get my Gun from Avalon Guns, ( thanks for their link skeet) as I may be able to up my budget just a squidge and take it out on their finance options, I'll have to have it delivered to a gun shop near me of course, (I dont drive..my wife does, but shes made it quite clear shes not driving me all over the country to buy a gun! Shes not that keen on me having one in the first place tbh, but she gave in in the end) There are a couple of 686's on there that I have enquired about, but I am hoping a SIlver Pigeon is going to come available on there soon. I was just getting a bit frustrated tbh as I really wanted a gun for next weeks shoot, but I'll just wait a bit longer now.

Well good luck mate something suitable is bound to turn up. May i be so bold as to ask what your budget is and is it a sporter your looking for ?

I'm in Hertford Skeet, the problems I've been having Ips is I've been beaten past the post several times now, last week I just missed out on an SP1...I was bloody gutted, and annoyed with myself for not being quicker of the mark...Again!

Even when you call, no one answers the ruddy phone or gets back to you when you leave a message, sent out loads of emails, only about 3 have ever replied. But I have made up my mind now, I'm going to get my Gun from Avalon Guns, ( thanks for their link skeet) as I may be able to up my budget just a squidge and take it out on their finance options, I'll have to have it delivered to a gun shop near me of course, (I dont drive..my wife does, but shes made it quite clear shes not driving me all over the country to buy a gun! Shes not that keen on me having one in the first place tbh, but she gave in in the end) There are a couple of 686's on there that I have enquired about, but I am hoping a SIlver Pigeon is going to come available on there soon. I was just getting a bit frustrated tbh as I really wanted a gun for next weeks shoot, but I'll just wait a bit longer now.

Don't forget about Chris Potters.  No Finance option, but you will get help and they do have plenty of secondhand stuff.

SECOND HAND

(condition:good) 

03179 Beretta 686 E SPORT 12G 30 3 M/C M/C RRP £1,095

(Click for best prices!)

There.  They would obviously take a deal on it.  Your Mrs will love shopping in Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Call and have a chat with them. South African Steve is very helpful.

Still.  If you are thinking about the Finance option and you have the money for a Boomerang, then I don't know why you don't just get a new gun..Miroku, Beretta etc... £900 down and £48 a month.  Only actually costs you £70 more than paying cash, so you aren't being ripped.

Have you looked at Avalons GunList properly?  They have  a R/H 30 Inch Beretta 686 Onyx Sporter used at £995

http://www.avalon-guns.com/gunlist/guns/category/2/make/16/type/0/condition/0/calibre/8/barrel/0/choke-1/0/choke-2/0/chamber/0/style/0/stock-length/0/weight/0/orientation/0/keywords/0/number/0/sort-name/0/sort-direction/1/

You know you have been on about this gun and that gun for months now asking opinions and that is good it shows you want to make the right choice. What I cannot understand is you have been given very, very good and sound advice appear to have ignored it and come back bleating on about another make of gun time and again. Now what is it to be seek advice or just keep coming back about yet another gun? Most of the posts I have read on the subject have been straight up to the point get yourself a good second hand top brand gun if you cannot afford a new one. There was a next to new Miroku on here you could have had if you spent less time fannying about it went for about £800 it was immaculate and you are droning on about a boomerang get real !

edit

dealers are great for choice but caveat emptor I would be willing to bet you will get a better gun on here than you will in a dealers for the prices of the guns you are looking at

Midnight you are missing a trick here.

Tell your wife Avalon Guns is a short walk from Clarks Village, as in Clarks shoes!!!  It's a centre for every shoe known to man, with other retail outlet shops, all the big names are there including the designer ones. If your wife would not enjoy a day here I'd be very surprised.

Look at their website  http://www.clarksvillage.co.uk/

Seriously, you could spend a day at Avalon Guns and she would be lost in shops!   :nyam:

After a meal there you could take a quick walk up Glastonbury Tor too. Stunning views all round.

Latest posts

Back