Opinions please.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMON-B

First off I don't mind if you have prejudiced views the more the better.
Right lets go. I've decided to sell both my guns and trade up to a higher bracket ( significant birthday imminent ) I have always favoured Beretta, but the new stuff just isn't doing it for me. So far I have tried high rib Geurini's, Perazzi, Miroku etc and have yet to try a Krieghoff. With around £6000 to spend what would you buy and why ( owners comments would be appreciated ). I'm an indecisive bugger and deep in a quandary.

" thats when the fight started "

Sussed you! You've made a bet to a mate in the pub that you can make a forum thread go on for 20 pages and involve at least 5 personal insults. :)

It's a genuine question. But knowing how this lot react on the forum I thought I would try to reverse psychology and head it off at the pass so to speak. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's a tough one but for me there would be one gun in it, Perazzi mx12 pro sport 32" fixed choke. :spiteful:

The one gun that stands out for me that id like to spend some time with is a Blaser Supersport.

Like shooting the high rib Guerinis but build quality wise think the Blaser Pro I had a while back would take some beating so the Supersport seems to have it all for me personally!

And half the price of a pro rib K gun!

As I type this I'm talking myself into it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon,

No matter what the next posts recommend at the end of the day it will be down to your budget and your choice.You already have a gun that could possible exceed your ability. But I do understand your search for the Holy Grail. ( I've never found it!)

I think that Guerini are offering state of the art value for money guns.

Miroku I think are wonderful and I would buy one in preference to a Browning.

Blaser I think are a complete waste of money even though many love them, I wish I had a tenner for every update that Blaser have had and still the F3 is uninspiring.

Perazzi are very nice with upgraded wood but standard wood is dreadful, but of course doesn't make a gun shoot well, and Perazzi certainly know how to make good shooting guns.

Kreighoff ! Nurse Nurse the demons are back they want me to buy a ProRib no they don't its a Parcours, no they don't they've changed their mind again. Heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppppp Over priced.

Beretta ASE if you can find one otherwise a DT10 L or EELL

I would like to try a krieghoff pro trap at ESP after owning a high rib Fabarm semi. As Salopian says Geurini's are a lot of gun for the money and are winning the battle in my mind at the moment. But as I've already said im an indecisive bugger.

I would like to try a krieghoff pro trap at ESP after owning a high rib Fabarm semi. As Salopian says Geurini's are a lot of gun for the money and are winning the battle in my mind at the moment. But as I've already said im an indecisive bugger.

Plenty of CG try days coming in the coming weeks.

The one gun that stands out for me that id like to spend some time with is a Blaser Supersport.

Like shooting the high rib Guerinis but build quality wise think the Blaser Pro I had a while back would take some beating so the Supersport seems to have it all for me personally!

And half the price of a pro rib K gun!

As I type this I'm talking myself into it!!
High ribs are fine if you have a very precise shooting style but start rolling your shoulder and your in trouble also a few people who own them tell me high driven can cause problems. having shot virtually every gun on the market the mx12 really felt head and shoulders above the rest :nyam:

Have you tried the DT11 yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you are spending circa £6K you need reliability, nice engraving and good wood, enhancing a tool made to do its specific job, so for me that counts out a IKEA wooded Perazzi or MXS but SC wood would rescue a deal but also I would need MX2000 engraving at least. Blaser F3 plain black action would be a none starter, DT11 plain action a no no.

So I would be looking at a Guerini Summit or a Grade 5 Miroku with barrels to suit my discipline none multichoke 3/8 & 1/2 or 5/8 choke Sporter or 3/4 & F Trap. Then spend £3K on cartridges, entry fees and lessons.

The DT11 is the best made and most likely to have decent wood with your £6k budget, the DT10 is at least as good but much cheaper hence like buying an old shape Land Cruiser instead of the new Amazon, the ASE would be the best find and like finding a convertible 6 wheeled Range Rover made for an Arab Falconer. 

The Perazzi are very unlikely not to melt your heart unless you're tricked into buying a new MXS. The Krieghoff will turn you into an erratic performer but you'll forever keep it because few will admit they made a mistake. 

The Blaser low or high rib will do nothing over and above any of the others but WILL loose you the most should you wish to sell on. 

Buy a DT11 or Perazzi MX12, seriously, just make sure you don't make foolish mistakes by getting a 30".

If you get a Summit, you'd have nearer £4k "spare" Or you could get a Challenger, which is a Summit in a party frock and still have £3500 in your pocket. 

Back