Miroku mk38 grade 5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, well remembered. I changed that about 16 months ago for the MK38.

I liked the write up on the MK38, I also wanted a longer barrel. Been learning to shoot it ever since.
 32"? 

Pad looked a bit thicker than standard in the photos.

I just bought a 3800 trap :)

WHY ???? what is wrong with the trigger ?

Do Miroku main springs not work either ???
As with a lot of guns, the trigger pulls can often be "refined" if you like, by a good gunsmith, but not everyone bothers of course.

Miroku main springs are pretty much bomb proof, in two and a half decades of using Miroku's I have never had a spring problem on one. After a lot of use they can get a little weak, but new ones are very cheap, so easliy and cheaply fixed. My 3800 is now 23 years old and has never failed!

Nice looking gun there , and teague choked well done on your purchase enjoy shooting probably the best value competition gun out there for the money .. 

Shortlegs, you need to edit your last post.

"Nice looking gun there , and teague choked well done on your purchase enjoy shooting probably the best value competition gun out there for the money." .. 

Surely that should read;-  "  Nice looking gun there , and teague choked well done on your purchase enjoy shooting probably the best  competition gun out there ." .. 

But of course I am very biased.

I have to agree entirely. Been using them since I bought an 800 NEW ! Only once in that time have I changed mainsprings, the gun, a 3750 was in at Wiseman's er................................having the trigger fettled (shsssss) so I got them to fit new mainsprings at the same time (probably not required). Been through the very expensive SO5, Perazzi's phase, came back to my Miroku and the scores have crept back up. Perhaps a lesson there for the uninitiated !

Do not want to say any more in case I upset someone !   

Last edited by a moderator:
Shortlegs, you need to edit your last post.

"Nice looking gun there , and teague choked well done on your purchase enjoy shooting probably the best value competition gun out there for the money." .. 

Surely that should read;-  "  Nice looking gun there , and teague choked well done on your purchase enjoy shooting probably the best  competition gun out there ." .. 

But of course I am very biased.
:laugh:   Salop I'm like you and also biased to the Mirook as shot them for a long time and still do MK38 grd 5 32"  but you got to give the others a chance perhaps .........not  :biggrin:

First round with the miroku today, the gun felt completely different to the beretta and I felt twice as confident. I achieved a personal best of 60/100 which I'm sure was more to do with mindset than gun but I couldn't be happier :) :) :)

Congratulations, an excellent result. Any 'mods' or changes you may wish to make, are better left until you have shot at least another nine 100 birders. By then you should be well used to the gun and be in a better position to positively identify any changes you feel you need to make., You should also have decided if you intend to keep the gun. Keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back