Northampton 100Reg, Sunday 18th Sept

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Decent forecast so tried another ground today, waking him I picked up Stew Keen and a gentle 90 mins pootle north, gentle despite some errant directions from my co-driver to Northamoton SG. Ground operates a squad system so we had more than enough time for a not too swift tea (30p a mug!!!!). For those not familiar the ground is fairly flat, a number of skeet and ABT fields as well as the sporting course. Not shot for couple of weeks and this my inner chimp in the ear worked some demons, did shoot some "tough" stands rather well only to then be more than a little poor on too many that I perceived as easier, didn't help myself as when first to shoot a Simo pair of a crow and flat l-r crosser I tried to take the crow first, ended on 3, everyone else crosser first and straighted rather too well for my tortured soul. Stewie finished on 86, one off high gun when we left. In short, nice ground, very well kept, challenging targets, well scored, and despite the distance, it's not too bad a drive from my part of Gloucestershire I would return. 

Another good layout at Northampton. Gutted to drop 4 on stand 12 which were easily overled. Always well run this ground with a smooth flowing squad system. A Customer friendly approach, warm welcome without the need to rip people off with refreshments. Well maintained traps and good scorers. Not that far from the Gloucester / Oxford borders. Give it a go and try somewhere different. Stew

Latest posts

Back