Coleys 100 Reg 7th Sept

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Think it was first time this year that the weather heid fair, no blustery near gale force winds, seemed to be a fair few new / irregular faces there today. Our six merry souls in shooting order of old Roger, Joe Hale, Zea, Willy Hale, Stewie Keen and myself shot the course in 1-12 order, we all fared rather well on a decent mix of crossers / loopers / duck / rabbit and crow targets, stand 6 though featured a long flat fast teal that was a real challenge, most lost quite a few there, managed a major brain fart on "the filling in stand" as Fred our scorer called it, managed to get over that and then put 6/8 on some real long high r-l that in shoots gone past I'd blank, our merry band cajoled each and all through the rest of the course, old Rog ending in the 60's, Joe Hale 91 for £ in AA , Zea 60's, Willy Hale 78 winning B, Stewie Keen 88 winning A and little old me won C, a major shift upwards I will confess.  Lovely day, good course, charming company, good chin wag with Fred and later most of the afternoon regulars, oh HG was Sam Usher 94, might catch up with some more of you soon 

As previously reported, I think it was the first Coley's comp this year where we didn't battle with rain, sleet, freezing conditions or gales which made it a much more enjoyable shoot. I fell victim to that 'big teal' and also managed to really mess up stand 9; five simo pairs of what appeared to be 'easier' banker targets. I am quickly learning that all targets, despite looking less intimidating, demand respect and full attention! ? 

A very well done to all who shot in my squad, some cracking scores there, but especially to you Rich. Really chuffed for you ?

Good shoot, pleasant weather and not a bad squad. Pleased for you Rich and a well deserved class win. Special mention must go to the way you pulled it back on 8 with some very impressive shooting on a tough stand. Especially the more impressive when you consider the meltdown you suffered on the previous pair of targets.
Looking forward to the October shoot, although unfortunately that's going to be the last one this year. Well done to all at Coley's, it's been a very good series. With the only complaints from me being the weather and my total lack of form for most of it.
Regards 

Back