New SGC application Hants. Police

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagster

Does anyone have recent experience of the time taken to process new applications within the Hampshire Police area. Thanks

You'll find grants always take a while. As there's no certificate awaiting renewal there's no deadline to work to and, with licensing staff at a premium, the cogs turn fairly slowly.

That said, don't be afraid to give them a call and politely ask. At least you'll then have some idea of how long it's likely to be.

I recently moved to Hampshire and, because of a delay in completing on our house, had to put my guns in storage with a friend.  I notified both Surrey Police (Who had granted my certificate) and Hampshire FAO when the guns went into storage and who they were with, then when we moved in & my gun cabinet was fitted and again when the guns were back in my possession.  Surrey acknowledged every communication the same day it was sent (I used email & post).  I have not had any contact from Hampshire - either at the time or at any time in the three months since.      

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back