New Classification Averages are out

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer is to pick your registered shoots carefully so places where higher than your true average scores are likely should perhaps be shot on normal Open days. Personally I don't think it makes great odds unless you pick such shoots for the vast majority of your reg events, many's a time I've seen cack scores on peoples cards there. 
I was just unlucky it's the way it turned out, nothing I can do it's not as if the CPSA are remotely interested 

Sporting A class 78.8% over 1400 targets at 11 different grounds...

Still C for FITASC, had a 92/100 at a selection shoot and been averaging about 80 this summer so expecting to be B next time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sporting A class 78.8% over 1400 targets at 11 different grounds...

Still C for FITASC, had a 92/100 at a selection shoot and been averaging about 80 this summer so expecting to be B next time. 
Is that from the period 50 James.   If so mine would 9498 targets at 22 grounds ending on 68.4% average for that period.

Sain, you need to get out and about more :)
But do what Rich - don't like shopping, don't like dressing up, don't like housework, grown up child doing her own thing versus hobby in the fresh air with hubby whom I'm extremely attached too even after 33 yrs ?

Is that from the period 50 James.   If so mine would 9498 targets at 22 grounds ending on 68.4% average for that period.
We only have 15 registered sporting shoots a year up here and 11 FITASC shoots (more than normal) total!!! You can add another 4-5 shoots south of the border most years too, but they don't count towards our average.

We only have 15 registered sporting shoots a year up here and 11 FITASC shoots (more than normal) total!!! You can add another 4-5 shoots south of the border most years too, but they don't count towards our average.
That is annoying, not enough.

I was just unlucky it's the way it turned out, nothing I can do it's not as if the CPSA are remotely interested 
I think you'll find that the CPSA is working towards makng changes, they're just not very good at communicating their vision.

I think you'll find that the CPSA is working towards makng changes, they're just not very good at communicating their vision.
Sure they are,unfortunately not the changes we want or need.

They keep spending our money on crap that we don't need/don't want/doesn't work and ignoring the voice of the people.....bit like the EU really.

Sure they are,unfortunately not the changes we want or need.

They keep spending our money on crap that we don't need/don't want/doesn't work and ignoring the voice of the people.....bit like the EU really.
Ok. So what are the changes you want/need? Or do you just complain about 'everything'?

Here's one for you Ian. Why go to 100ths on the average percentage. People missing going up or down by a 100th%. They should round up or down at 0.5% to a full %. Will be 1000ths next.

Ok. So what are the changes you want/need? Or do you just complain about 'everything'?
I  complain about unnecessary waste,the back scratching nature of the committee and failure to do there jobs properly and as many perceive honestly.

I want them to not spend thousands of pounds on scoring systems that are not what they state and do not do what they are purported to do nor do i want them to create legal situations where they spend thousands of pounds on legal advice from someone who is actually on the committee and helped create the situation in the first place.

i do not want them changing rules that benefit nobody for no good reason apart from they can without consultation with anyone.

Overall i want them to behave as an association should and not as an elitist group who do just what they wish.

"Or do you just complain about 'everything'?" no in general i end up complaining about the same things repetitively because they don't change and yes i know you are sulking :wink:  because i made a comment on Facebook about unfinished websites being put out to the public.

Far from sulking! I'm genuinely interested, you can learn a lot from the dissenters, it's all good feedback. 

In the above you have mentioned a whole bunch of things you don't like. None of us like those things. The question was and still is, what DO you want? Complaining about stuff, anyone can do, solutions need goals otherwise people just do what they have always done!

Far from sulking! I'm genuinely interested, you can learn a lot from the dissenters, it's all good feedback. 

In the above you have mentioned a whole bunch of things you don't like. None of us like those things. The question was and still is, what DO you want? Complaining about stuff, anyone can do, solutions need goals otherwise people just do what they have always done!
What i want is a committee that 1.acts in the interest of the members 2.listens to the members 3.works to the members agenda and not what suits them 4.and has i have stated umpteen times is to stop wasting the associations money on their agenda!

iI have posted and replied many times on this even spoken to NF who between talking bollocks and telling me i wouldn't understand came across as uninterested in the opinion of any member as he knows best!

To clarify classification cut off dates are for 12 months to end of October and April (not May as suggested above). We then ensure during May and November all scores are collected in and the calcs done for release on 1st June and 1st December.

To clarify classification cut off dates are for 12 months to end of October and April (not May as suggested above). We then ensure during May and November all scores are collected in and the calcs done for release on 1st June and 1st December.
I think most on here understand that. So for two months every year shooters who are on the move up or down a class are shooting in their old class. So you could have a potential AAA class shooter who's moved up from A class still shooting in A class and winning for one month. Why not also round the average up to a solid number not 0.00 of a % after all its based on targets hit.

I think most on here understand that. So for two months every year shooters who are on the move up or down a class are shooting in their old class. So you could have a potential AAA class shooter who's moved up from A class still shooting in A class and winning for one month. Why not also round the average up to a solid number not 0.00 of a % after all its based on targets hit.
Because you can enter a reg comp 2 days before the end of a period knowing what your average is and very simply work out how many birds you need to 'miss' in order to scrape staying in to a lower class. For the next 6 months you go sandbag the lower class. ( . you'll make a fortune this way NOT! )

Will will be along shortly to tell you the cut off points move between classifications. Yes they do but very little ( every period they vary by about 0.5 to 1% ) . If you play it safe and chop your average by say 1% you are sorted.

Let's say you are bumbling along at the top of A, have picked up a few podiums and it looks like your 84% average is going to take you into AA where the real hotshots are.You know you have put in say 2 registered a month, 11 shoots ( plus the last one in the period you are about to shoot ). You're averaging 84 so your gross score is 924 for the 11 shoots. You want to stay in A. so you really need your average to be 82.5 to pretty much guarantee staying down in issue 51. So for 12 shoots you need a total of 990 hits. You've already got 924 so you card a 66 or under. Job done. Not totally unbelievable, we all have bad days and you could pick a nice challenging ground, complain of a cold or eyesight or gun or rain or clay colour problems but it's all done by computer so the chances of getting caught are slim, after all you only missed about 18 of the birds more than usual.

However with the current system the 66 score gets binned and up you go!

I'm not saying the system is perfect nor is anyone actually interested in staying down a class but it seems like a pretty solid way of preventing simple cooking of the books and in the absence of anything better it seems pretty fair to me.

cuttoffs.jpg

I don't disagree with any of that. 

But if you hit 89 ex 100 that's 89% not 89.23% no one hits percentages of clays. So why go to 100's of a %.

Hit 80 at one comp and 81 at the next. What's your average? Do you just want it rounding up?

Back