New Classification Averages are out

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot 160 registered but 80 got dropped because of the 10% rule, even with that result I should be up to B class.  I suppose they must mean a minimum of 100 targets after the adjustment.
Personally I think they (CPSA) are correct. The dropped score effectively didn't count so you have only shot 80 targets. Minimum 100 targets required to up a class or even two in your case. By my reckoning you should be in AA with an 87.5 average. If you don't shoot it again this period you will deffo be in AA next period.

I'd keep stum and rake in the class winnings for the next 6 months :)  

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
your right DT I miss read it without me specs I thought it was 180 and 80 got dropped. Should have gone too ....

Banging in many more scores like today's of 86 and you'll be off for the bright lights the upper classes soon enough, :) 
? the stupid thing is a day or two after cut off my average went up to just over 71%.

CPSA have excelled themselves not pulled a trigger in anger in an "proper" competition nor been a member of the CPSA for over a year was still down as B class until last week when they obviously thought I know what we'll put him in A class. 

joined this morning without realising my promotion... turned up paid my money then got delivered the surprise!!

CPSA have excelled themselves not pulled a trigger in anger in an "proper" competition nor been a member of the CPSA for over a year was still down as B class until last week when they obviously thought I know what we'll put him in A class. 

joined this morning without realising my promotion... turned up paid my money then got delivered the surprise!!
Can't look as you don't reveal your full CPSA number. If you have not shot a registered comp in the last period then you cannot change class as a minimum 100 targets must be recorded to change class. 

Best give them a call.

DT

Can't look as you don't reveal your full CPSA number. If you have not shot a registered comp in the last period then you cannot change class as a minimum 100 targets must be recorded to change class. 

Best give them a call.

DT
i haven't shot a target in the last 4 periods! 129722 BTW 

Under period 50 two shoot 10/5/15 and 31/5/15 at Horne pushed you into A 
I couldn't be bothered to search.. I knew it would be Horne though thats why I don't shoot there anymore!! are periods 1/4 ly or 1/2 yearly?

I couldn't be bothered to search.. I knew it would be Horne though thats why I don't shoot there anymore!! are periods 1/4 ly or 1/2 yearly?
Twice yearly - cut off end May and end November I think.  NOvember may be wrong.

Not sure I understand? You say you haven't shot a registered target for the last 4 periods but I see 2 qualifying shoots at Horne in period 50 and 9 shoots (at three separate grounds) in period 49. How is that not shooting a registered target in the last 4 periods?

cut off periods are twice yearly as Sian says but the cuts are end of May and end of October. There is a lag of one month while they wait for all the scores to come in and calculate the new cut-off averages.

DT

Not sure I understand? You say you haven't shot a registered target for the last 4 periods but I see 2 qualifying shoots at Horne in period 50 and 9 shoots (at three separate grounds) in period 49. How is that not shooting a registered target in the last 4 periods?

cut off periods are twice yearly as Sian says but the cuts are end of May and end of October. There is a lag of one month while they wait for all the scores to come in and calculate the new cut-off averages.

DT
I was mistaken I thought they were quarterly! 

They bloody well should be ...buts that a whole different discussion.

DT
Agreed! Also they need to look at grounds like Horne which in fairness produce above average scores and regulate that 

my scores which have bumped me on them 2 dates  would =

6th in C, 13th in B, 22nd in A.

and 

4th in C, 11th in B, 17th in A.

the day I have to make a living from it I'll give it up but it would be nice to be competitive which it seems has just been ruined! 

Agreed! Also they need to look at grounds like Horne which in fairness produce above average scores and regulate that 

and 

the day I have to make a living from it I'll give it up but it would be nice to be competitive which it seems has just been ruined! 
Interesting point about grounds submitting above average scores. Not sure there are enough of them to affect the national averages though? I guess its just bad luck on those that shoot exclusively or predominently at those grounds. You need to get about a bit more :)

DT

and 

The answer is to pick your registered shoots carefully so places where higher than your true average scores are likely should perhaps be shot on normal Open days. Personally I don't think it makes great odds unless you pick such shoots for the vast majority of your reg events, many's a time I've seen cack scores on peoples cards there. 

Back