This is the new discipline.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this Fedecat revisited ? That didn`t seem to survive long.
I think it's just another discipline imported from the US, and the CPSA have decided to make it a registered discipline. Only time will tell if it will be a success over here.

If its set right and doesn't  punish the shooters pocket it will make it. Let's hope its not perceived as another expensive ,elite, fitasc type game. 

Jasper. 

If its set right and doesn't  punish the shooters pocket it will make it. Let's hope its not perceived as another expensive ,elite, fitasc type game. 

Jasper. 
Am of the thought (price-wise) that ESP is the most cost effective shoot for a ground to operate, This SuperSporting will require more traps, shot over a larger area and will test the patience of the ref juggling multiple buttons/ menus, most likely take longer to shoot = less entries = less revenue. Locally Sportrap nor the Compak shoots seem to be as well attended nor significantly cheaper than ESP. 

Well, it's now in the 'find a fixture' drop down box on the CPSA site. Lets see who will take it on, and what the cost will be.

John Dyson does a few during the year at Hepworth doesn’t he?

John Dyson does a few during the year at Hepworth doesn’t he?
He does Sian, he does the super sporting with the O/U, so 3 targets and shoot them in different sequences, ie a o/r b, b o/r c, c o/r a etc them maybe a sim pair of one of those sequences but he also does a super sporting with an auto which is really good fun, 3 targets in air at once! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not as much as a normal sporting lay out as up to 4 traps on each stand if you want, min of 6 max of 10 targets on each stand
Ummm.

10 birds per stand is still 10 stands, up to 4 traps per stand is up to double the number of traps for a sporting shoot. Oops. 

If they'd said up to 20 birds per stand you could have got away with 1/2 the land space and the same amount of traps.

Most clay counting systems can only cope with 2 traps so you may need 2 per stand or a system that can cope with more than 2. 
Not so. Our current generation can do up 8 to traps per stand, just add the appropriate buttoned handset, the newer stuff will do 24 ( yes 24 birds as a true sim - done so we can fire simulated game birds off multiple trailers )

Ummm.

10 birds per stand is still 10 stands, up to 4 traps per stand is up to double the number of traps for a sporting shoot. Oops. 

If they'd said up to 20 birds per stand you could have got away with 1/2 the land space and the same amount of traps.

Not so. Our current generation can do up 8 to traps per stand, just add the appropriate buttoned handset, the newer stuff will do 24 ( yes 24 birds as a true sim - done so we can fire simulated game birds off multiple trailers 
So more money  required if you have the latest system and if you don't then a different system or solution. 

I have stopped shooting fitasc due to the cost of entry. I would welcome shooting Supersporting as an interesting alternative if it was the same price or close to it.

I have stopped shooting fitasc due to the cost of entry. I would welcome shooting Supersporting as an interesting alternative if it was the same price or close to it.
Same price as what? . Fiasco or esp. It would seem that if its a price close to esp that you want, then that ship may have already sailed. 

Jasper. 

The first registered is at Dartford on the 19th Dec, no mention of entry fees on any ads for it though, that I have seen. I see Owls lodge are doing a '100 super sporting taster' in March, £55 entry, £10 in the prize fund, bacon roll, tea/coffee included in the cost.

It was £35 for me, but I think they do a discount for female shooters.  Personally didn't enjoy it that much, but that was probably because I shot it really poorly.  Will do it again though.

Latest posts

Back