New CG Syren sporting 12g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxy

Just purchased the CG Syren sporting, which I am really excited about using this Sunday for my return. The is the first custom built ladies gun, I believe .... gimmick or not! I will let you know later Sunday how I fare. 

As you all are aware this brand new shotgun from Guerini has been carefully designed for the female build. It has a shorter length of pull, a tighter radius grip, and a Monte Carlo stock that's angled out for a more natural fit for the average woman, not sure how they have defined the average woman?? I still have my CG Summit black impact sporting, which I will keep at present, but who knows?? 

So far I have read good reviews on the Syren..........Roll on Sunday    :yes:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just purchased the CG Syren sporting, which I am really excited about using this Sunday for my return. The is the first custom built ladies gun, I believe .... gimmick or not! I will let you know later Sunday how I fare. 

As you all are aware this brand new shotgun from Guerini has been carefully designed for the female build. It has a shorter length of pull, a tighter radius grip, and a Monte Carlo stock that's angled out for a more natural fit for the average woman, not sure how they have defined the average woman?? I still have my CG Summit black impact sporting, which I will keep at present, but who knows?? 

So far I have read good reviews on the Syren..........Roll on Sunday    :yes:

View attachment 5717

View attachment 5718
Enjoy and have fun.

I've had a feel of one of these at Potters.  Both my guns have had to have an inch lopped off the back of the stock to fit, but the Syren was almost spot on.  I also really liked the smaller grip and shorter distance between grip and trigger.  However, I've been pretty vocal on here in the past about the 'carving' on the stock (I think I used the term 'prison tattoo').

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Partner has Tanya Faulds old beretta stock on her 687.

The was using the off the shelf stock which had just been shortened a tad.

But now she has Tanya's stock the gun fits very well! And she shoots much better with it now it fits.

Be interested to see how you get on.

I've had a feel of one of these at Potters.  Both my guns have had to have an inch lopped off the back of the stock to fit, but the Syren was almost spot on.  I also really liked the smaller grip and shorter distance between grip and trigger.  However, I've been pretty vocal on here in the past about the 'carving' on the stock (I think I used the term 'prison tattoo').

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.
I had about a inch and a half lopped off my other CG and the Syren fitted really well. Ha ha "prison tattoo" made me giggle. Yes, I will let you know how it goes. Not expecting miracles as not shot for nearly 2 years but looking to shoot more and getting back to some having some fun ! 

Enjoy and have fun.
Thanks Sian, I intend too.....

Love the Monte Carlo stock, hate the tattoo, but at the end of the day it's just a handle. Hope it goes well for you

Let us know how you get on with the fit, I have been looking at one of these for er' indoors!

mike
I will do Mike, if you live near Kent your Lady is always welcome to meet me and have a go with it before you decide to buy. 

Beautiful gun, you'll enjoy that. 

When I went to a Guerini day last year (at which I decided on an Invictus which I love) I did shoot one of these and I was both surprised, and a little embarrassed as to how good if felt and fitted. 

Made me wonder if Guerini are missing a trick by marketing this purely as a ladies gun (complete with slightly girly carving on the stock on the one I tried)....both men and women all come in different sizes after all. 

Enjoy the gun though, it's a beaut!

Beautiful gun, you'll enjoy that. 

When I went to a Guerini day last year (at which I decided on an Invictus which I love) I did shoot one of these and I was both surprised, and a little embarrassed as to how good if felt and fitted. 

Made me wonder if Guerini are missing a trick by marketing this purely as a ladies gun (complete with slightly girly carving on the stock on the one I tried)....both men and women all come in different sizes after all. 

Enjoy the gun though, it's a beaut!
Thank you Iggy I will.....

I tend to agree with you regarding the marketing of the gun and they should bring out  a version of the Syren without the girlish roses/carvings. Maybe CG should think up some masculine carvings for it ha ha! Can't think what though  :super:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look at one of these in Chris Potters, and it was a really beautiful gun, but for me miles too low. I have an adjustable stock on my MIruko and wouldn't buy another gun without one.  But I hope it goes  well for you and as I'm in Kent, maybe I will see you at a shoot and have a go with it ?

I had a look at one of these in Chris Potters, and it was a really beautiful gun, but for me miles too low. I have an adjustable stock on my MIruko and wouldn't buy another gun without one.  But I hope it goes  well for you and as I'm in Kent, maybe I will see you at a shoot and have a go with it ?
Hi Donna and thanks.

Please let me know where and when and we will meet as I will be shooting alone now, unless I meet up with the guys at Greenfields. You are welcome to try it out anytime!

Me and the OH shoot at Willow Farm near Tenterden most Saturdays.  You're more than welcome to tag along.  I don't mind doing Registered shoots on my own, but it's a pain not having anyone to button for you at other places.

Me and the OH shoot at Willow Farm near Tenterden most Saturdays.  You're more than welcome to tag along.  I don't mind doing Registered shoots on my own, but it's a pain not having anyone to button for you at other places.
Very kind of you Bebo and I might just take you up on the offer. 

Thank you Iggy I will.....

I tend to agree with you regarding the marketing of the gun and they should bring out  a version of the Syren without the girlish roses/carvings. Maybe CG should think up some masculine carvings for it ha ha! Can't think what though  :super:
They do, it's the Tempio. The Syren is a specific version of the Tempio, great gun hope you shoot well with it ?

What a fantastic day to return to shooting and great to see everyone again. Such a fabulous bunch....so welcoming and kind. Thanks guys ?

Ok, first 4 stands I thought I did remarkably well as not shoot for well over a year. Really, not sure what happened on the other stands! Started to think more about each shot and my shoulder began to get a litle sore, could be why?

Anyway it was great fun and the gun handled and shot really well, which I was very happy about. Cannot wait until 2 weeks time when I return ?.

Score card below........

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back