New Blaser.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac1

Hi Guy's. I'm thinking of trading in my Browning Ultra Titanium for a Blaser Por sport. I shoot the Ultra very well and I'm happy with it but I've always fancied a Blaser. I would appreciate any serious comment's and advice. Thanks very much, Malc

See if you can try one first.

You wouldn’t be the first one regretting a swap.

Have shot both of them, and don’t really prefer one over the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your Blaser. I wouldn't swap mine. If it was stolen I would be straight back to the shop for another.

I’m a Blaser fan and have been very glad to have moved to my F3 Pro 16 months ago. But beyond telling you it seems a very nicely made gun, I can only agree it’s all about what suits you and what you prefer. Trying one is hugely important. For me personally, the standard stock dimensions just happen to fit me very well and I like the barrel weight. The only thing I hated was the butt pad, which I changed immediately to a green pad. 

Hi Guy's. I'm thinking of trading in my Browning Ultra Titanium for a Blaser Por sport. I shoot the Ultra very well and I'm happy with it but I've always fancied a Blaser. I would appreciate any serious comment's and advice. Thanks very much, Malc
You first need to consider why you clay shoot? If it's because it's primarily a social occasion, you enjoy shooting a pretty gun and performance is secondary then go for it. If performance is the priority then critically ask yourself, 'what improvements will this gun bring to my game'?

If the answer is 'nothing' then leave well alone.

If you do decide to change make sure you try the guns back to back on similar targets, including those you may struggle with. Don't let nice engraving or fancy wood cloud your judgement. Be critical, if it's not working for you then walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malcolm ,

Rush out and buy a Blaser today from Premier Guns , Matt needs the sales .

I think it would be a very good idea for you to get a Blaser , you've had every other make .

I think you would be far better off with a Blazer and get back to school , preferably a shooting school.

Have a look first. As a serial gun changer I have been tempted by the F3 but not quite tempting enough and would rather keep my perazzi and 725.

Dissapointed with the F16 as the ones I have tried  are too light for my liking as a clay gun. 

Also I wish they would redesign the barrel shoulders. They don't look right in my opinion. 

You first need to consider why you clay shoot? If it's because it's primarily a social occasion, you enjoy shooting a pretty gun and performance is secondary then go for it. If performance is the priority then critically ask yourself, 'what improvements will this gun bring to my game'?

If the answer is 'nothing' then leave well alone.

If you do decide to change make sure you try the guns back to back on similar targets, including those you may struggle with. Don't let nice engraving or fancy wood cloud your judgement. Be critical, if it's not working for you then walk away.
Thank you Jan, for your sound advice. I will  try one first before I buy. Thanks again, Malc

Have a look first. As a serial gun changer I have been tempted by the F3 but not quite tempting enough and would rather keep my perazzi and 725.

Dissapointed with the F16 as the ones I have tried  are too light for my liking as a clay gun. 

Also I wish they would redesign the barrel shoulders. They don't look right in my opinion. 
I'm like you, "A serial gun changer" as salopian will tell you  :) :angel:  I'll give one a try first.

Malcolm ,

Rush out and buy a Blaser today from Premier Guns , Matt needs the sales .

I think it would be a very good idea for you to get a Blaser , you've had every other make .

I think you would be far better off with a Blazer and get back to school , preferably a shooting school.
Are you being sarcastic or serious?  :D "go out and buy one???

Me ? SARCASTIC ? Next thing you will be saying I am aways joking. :D  

Get one. You won’t be disappointed. The f3 pro is a great gun. I use mine for all my shooting except walked up game. 

consider a zoli   ?

For what its worth, I think Jan Powell has this spot on. As a non competitive shooter, I still like a gun that feels right, but I must admit to liking a nice piece of timber and some tidy scratching on the side plates. 

Hi all. I've bought the Blaser F3 Vantage 30" inc and shot it today at my local club. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting it. My final score was 42/60 I thought this was quite good for the first time out. Felt a bit strange at first as when opening the gun after shooting it was very tight to open. I've been told to expect this with the gun being new and German engineering being so precise. Looking forward to next outing. Thanks guy's for all your input.

Hi all. I've bought the Blaser F3 Vantage 30" inc and shot it today at my local club. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting it. My final score was 42/60 I thought this was quite good for the first time out. Felt a bit strange at first as when opening the gun after shooting it was very tight to open. I've been told to expect this with the gun being new and German engineering being so precise. Looking forward to next outing. Thanks guy's for all your input.
My Blaser has had 18000 shells through it and it it’s not nice to open. Closes beautifully which is just Blaser design. 

Compresses the mainsprings when opening hence no resistance when closing. I thought this a fad at first but have come to really like this about the gun.

Back