Need input, what should I be looking for

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact John Jeffries with regard to the hpx. ( Search hpx perrazi) He has a few clay grounds around the country he uses for demonstration. He may also be able to arrange some wing shooting for you. Thames valley pigeon shooting do good days for the pigeons. Also I think Linda Grayson one of our top ladies does pigeon days up north somewhere. Fly into Birmingham and you have some of the best clay grounds in the country within an hour.  Garlands , grange farm, Westfield, oakedge , Longridge, honesberie, Weston wood , northampton all worth a visit.And hpx uses a ground near Worcester for demos( south Worcester shooting ground.) Stay in the Cotswolds about an hour and a bit from Birmingham. Stunning part of England , but very central location.

Jasper

Forgot hodnet ( wmsg) shooting ground. Awesome. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact John Jeffries with regard to the hpx. ( Search hpx perrazi) He has a few clay grounds around the country he uses for demonstration. He may also be able to arrange some wing shooting for you. Thames valley pigeon shooting do good days for the pigeons. Also I think Linda Grayson one of our top ladies does pigeon days up north somewhere. Fly into Birmingham and you have some of the best clay grounds in the country within an hour.  Garlands , grange farm, Westfield, oakedge , Longridge, honesberie, Weston wood , northampton all worth a visit.And hpx uses a ground near Worcester for demos( south Worcester shooting ground.) Stay in the Cotswolds about an hour and a bit from Birmingham. Stunning part of England , but very central location.

Jasper.
Fantastic!

Thanks for all the advise, seems I have my next holliday to plan.

Being old and decrepit I don't find a 7.5lb gun too light for anything.  The 7.5lb Perazzi Mirage pigeon gun I use is just fine even with pigeon loads.  

But, I agree totally with "keep the current gun".  Just get another for whatever else you want one for.  That's really a no-brainer   :victory:
You could try the Krieghoff Parcour loverly light balanced gun ????

You could try the Krieghoff Parcour loverly light balanced gun ????
I had one forced on me to try.  I passed on the offer - I didn't want to be seen holding anything that ugly   :blush:   Where is Russo, anyway??

Wonko, I have to agree , it is amazing how really wonderful the HPX, DSR, RSR, DT10, Dt 11, 692, Parcour , K80, Pro Rib, F3 , F16, MX8, MXS, Kemen really are .

In fact I would even go so far as to say they are very nearly but not quite as good as an MK38.  But we only actually find that out after spending many £'s wasting a lot of time and much hand ringing.  :cool:   :smile:
I find it easy to forgive you for that about the Perazzi (not counting the HPX) since you're old and likely suffering some mental decline   :fool:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is without doubt that I am suffering some mental decline, it is a learned trait caused by being surrounded by idiots.

Back