Musto l/w Jacket

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick.J

Would like to know anyones views on the Musto lightweight clay shooting jacket.

I am looking for something for the winter and these caught my eye.

Are they big/small in size? arm length? body length? etc.

I am not looking for a heavy shooting coat/jacket, but any similar alternatives will be taken under consideration.

Thanks for any replies, and i hope this is in the correct section???????????

I have one. Sizes are pretty normal. I actually have a medium I bought in a sale that is just a touch small and I am a large normally.

I use mine at the moment, not cold, but can't shoot in a skeet vest early in the day. It's NOT a winter coat, unless used over good thermals. Good collar that doesn't touch the stock. Very light.

It is shower proof but not good in a downpour.

Hope we are talking about the same garment.. Post a link to check?

Mick, I use one of these in the winter and am very pleased with it.

I am usually an XL size for most upper body clothes and at that size there is room underneath for a couple of layers of clothing and still have room so that your movement is not restricted.

They are well made and look as though they will last for years.

The cartridge pockets are roomy,easily 25 per pocket if you want to.

I would recommend them.

Vic.

I have one of these which Musto also do in a vest is this what you are referring to?

http://www.philipmor...CFYXMtAodCUYAvg

Got mine in a William Evans sale for about £100
Yes this does appear to be the one, some confusion over spec though? some say mesh lining for sleeves and inner. The one on the link says fleece lined? Musto only have the mesh one on there website. Will have to make some calls tomorrow to confirm.

I think I have a different, lighter one..
You are right Will! The other is not fleece lined and is described as lightweight which mine is not but otherwise it looks the same as the above.

Yes the lining I have on both jacket and vest is mesh so I found the wrong link above

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Will was spot on with his description. I have not had chance to experience mine in the rain yet but you would need extra layers for the winter.

You are right Will! The other is not fleece lined and is described as lightweight which mine is not but otherwise it looks the same as the above.

Yes the lining I have on both jacket and vest is mesh so I found the wrong link above
So now the choice is either fleece or mesh lined? Which to go for. There are not any stockists for miles from me, so its cheaper for to order online

Mine is the lightweight one and is mesh lined,the heavier one is fleece lined.

I tried the heavier one on but it was too bulky for my liking.

Vic.

how big are you mick? selling mine in shootbay :D prefer to use my vest year round and just put my big jacket over the top between stands.

how big are you mick? selling mine in shootbay :D prefer to use my vest year round and just put my big jacket over the top between stands.
Hi Fuzrat, i did sea your post, but i am a Large (42 ish) All jackets are slightly different in cut, hence my questions.

Hi Fuzrat, i did sea your post, but i am a Large (42 ish) All jackets are slightly different in cut, hence my questions.
no probs mate, not sure the cut is that generous :.: :.: Small comes out 36-38

Bought one for £100 after seeing an "ad" on Feildsports Britain, very pleased with it, ticks all my boxes, mind you when it rains I don't get out the car /clubhouse!

Back