Muller

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know that people who shoot Mullers think they are wonderful.....while the rest of us know they are sh*te!

After i had one split and suffered Nicks none existent customer service skills my gunsmith looked at the replacement and requested that i did not use such a piece of crap in my gun!

If you really want to talk about Botox then have a look at Brain Chokes made in Greece , now that is Rollox.🤣🤣🤣
I heard Shootinguru was stocking up on them while he was out there! 🙄

Shooting Guru probably invented and makes them , but like everything else he likes someone else to take the blame.

They come in different constrictions , Cyril, Improved Cyril and Give up Cyril .🤣 

I don't understand why people knock Muller so much, sure they've had problems with some splitting but also tens of thousands are in constant use worldwide which haven't split or failed in any way, whatever the cause or problem was is said to have been attended to. I used them for a while and only went back to Briley because a) they didn't let me put the complete gun in the safe and b) I found neither Muller 2 or 3 sufficiently "tight" for my liking. 

The thing I really did like about them was the fact they never seemed to work loose during use. 

I don't understand why people knock Muller so much, sure they've had problems with some splitting but also tens of thousands are in constant use worldwide which haven't split or failed in any way, whatever the cause or problem was is said to have been attended to. I used them for a while and only went back to Briley because a) they didn't let me put the complete gun in the safe and b) I found neither Muller 2 or 3 sufficiently "tight" for my liking. 

The thing I really did like about them was the fact they never seemed to work loose during use. 
Bad experiences!

The fact that Muller fans tend to go on about them!

I like Pure Gold and Comp n choke.....did i mention that before??  :search:

Regulating barrells for a specific cartridge is not a ground breaking idea, smiths have been doing it for centuries. Fine tuning the constriction is all it is, one persons constriction cannot be better or worse than another constriction it is merely a measurement
What has always puzzled me about that "Regulating barrels for a specific cartridge" is how do they decide what it is that is being sought and how does one know when that point is reached?  And what does one do if it goes too far?  It has been fairly conclusively demonstrated that pattern analysis is more than "Well, that looks good" and I suspect that none of the regulators would be willing to share their analytical methodology.   As to the aftermarket chokes' performance - the mark on the outside has no standard reference to any dimension, only a general relationship.

Again I refer you all to Mr. Winston's work.   He visits and posts here (has in the past) and all this is just a re-hash of what has been gone over regularly on this and every other shotgun forum.

My suggestion, as always, is realize that it's a shotgun and get over it.  

As for chokes maybe the big brands dont spend anytime or money trying to re-invent the wheel, its a tube ever so slightly tapered, what can you do with that ??

Honestly there is quite a lot that can be done with that but there are no definitive studies that demonstrate that any of it makes a difference.

schmokinn,

I would never use a Full on Cyril , like the Guru it is far too tight.

But I look forward to ever meeting an Improved / Modified Cyril.

I agree with Hamster, Mullers just don't work loose, mine even manage to tighten themselves whilst shooting ( the original aluminium version ). Are they any better than factory chokes ? who cares, I bought them because I thought they looked good hanging out of the end of my gun and I'm always grateful for a few extra inches.

If you spend any time patterning and chronoing cartridges you will find there not all the same. You pay for consistency, of muzzle velocity mainly.

As for chokes maybe the big brands dont spend anytime or money trying to re-invent the wheel, its a tube ever so slightly tapered, what can you do with that ??

Marketing bollox is what it is imo
So far as reinventing the wheel. Beretta made. Mobil. Optima. Optima plus and optima hp. And I am sure they say each is better than the previous. Or are they all just tubes. 

So far as reinventing the wheel. Beretta made. Mobil. Optima. Optima plus and optima hp. And I am sure they say each is better than the previous. Or are they all just tubes. 
There all tubes ...marketing ya see 👍

Back