MK38 Grade 5 v MX2000 S

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sharing your experiences of the Miroku and Perazzi marques. It was very informative and has demonstrated that shooters have strong opinions about their guns based on their experience and anecdotal evidence. It is clear that what suits one shooter is not the same for another. It would appear that the cost involved is not always the deciding factor. The build, the fit, the handling qualities and the way in which targets are consistently broken is far more important than the marque. I was asked to define what I meant by the term "investment". I have just given it.

What suits one shooter might not suit another. It is good that we have a choice of different marques and that we don't have to accept that one size fits all. Since starting this thread I have ventured away from my initial favourites, Miroku and Perazzi.

Today I took Ips advice and bought a Beretta, the DT11. It is well built, we balanced, extremely pointable, has little perceived recoil and breaks targets in a very satisfying manner. It is a bit low in the comb for a Sporter but that is easily remedied. It is probably not any better than the Miroku or the Perazzi in some shooters eyes but it is my gun and I happen to like it very much. 
For god sakes tell me you did not buy it new!

Well OK....just to add my bit! I've had half a dozen Miroku's and five Perazzi's, as well as god only knows what else! I have found that I can very successfully and consistently, miss with any and all of them! Just get what you fancy, you're a bloody long time dead!   :lol:

Or he needn't bother and hang on to his money which he would still have in 15 years time. He would actually save money in fact because he wouldn't need any for cartridges or   entries as all he had was a pocket full of cash and no gun. Perfect solution.

Or he needn't bother and hang on to his money which he would still have in 15 years time. He would actually save money in fact because he wouldn't need any for cartridges or   entries as all he had was a pocket full of cash and no gun. Perfect solution.
OK - I'm game.  How do you do that?

im new here so ... can someone please explain whats wrong with getting

brand new DT11?

It's a Beretta !!

DT

Jus joshin widya foldAA.

Lots of inter brand rivalry and sledging goes on here. Don't take it personally. The DT11 is a fine gun........apparently :unsure:

DT

im new here so ... can someone please explain whats wrong with getting

brand new DT11?
Absolutely nothing, well nothing mechanical anyways. It could rather fairly be argued that Beretta have offered these with stocks that are just too low even for a so called Sporter spec, it could also be argued that they are deaf with regards to criticism to the point of being bombastic (bit like meself)  :lol:  you could start to yarn about the fact they're actually 11 bore and don't like fibre wads (could be perfectly valid), the barrels could be a tad on the heavy side for perfection, but there is nothing wrong with these guns in principal.

Hard use clay shooters should in fact seriously consider buying new because they can then spec the barrel as fixed or multi and make sure they go for the Trap stock which invariably most people will shoot better with. I have seen them for £5250 new which is miles below either Perazzi or Krieghoff which are its only 2 serious contenders. It gives nothing away to either in reliability, longevity or quality of manufacture. 

ps. I wish you could Like your own posts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it by proxy. ?

foldAA

don't read to much into the make rivalry its all in fun, well mainly. Nothing wrong with a new 11 nothing wrong with buying anything you like really. Having said that Beretta are by far the best guns in the world and that is a fact according to ips, amen.

explained alot!

ps.

Getting my 692 tomorrow so yeah.... ;)

see what I mean foldAA :)

its difficult to know when folk are genuine when it comes to make loyalty. Anyway enjoy your gun ?

I plan to! Thanks!

Never seen so much "hate"(?) regarding other brands and i've been into car market so i have seen things :p

FoldAA

If you believed half of what you read on here about various gun brands you'd never buy any of them.......except Perazzi of course :)

Enjoy the 692...........while its still working ;)

I hear GMK are very easy to get along with. :)

DT

Im from Poland mate, if what you guys are saying is >50% truth i will report back about

beretta service capabilities here ;)

I plan to! Thanks!

Never seen so much "hate"(?) regarding other brands and i've been into car market so i have seen things :p

There is no hate just fluffy rabbits its part of the game :rolleyes: ................anyway do not forget to wash your hands after you have handled a Beretta you might catch something! 

You might end up like IPS :cry:

blindfolded fanboy?

i take it as a good thing?

haha ;)

I have had my 692 for about 6 weeks, no problems and i'm very satisfied.

Shoot maybe 2000 shots.

God luck with your new gun FoldAA [emoji106]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back