MK38 Grade 5 v MX2000 S

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or stuff it and buy a Beretta job done. :)
And then you'd have both the Mirook and the Perazzi to wonder about every time you saw one hahaha

In the distant past I've several MIJ and Belgie both and never felt any particular liking for the things.  The first 682X told me why and the subsequent Perazzis put that in all caps.  I freely admit that I do still have a couple not-Perazzi guns but none of them are MIJ.  OK, I lied.  There is a 28ga SKB in there.

As DT said - ya pays yer money ................................

Considering that I don't own one anymore I'm firmly in team Miroku! I regret selling my MK10 although I now have a Browning  725 pro trap in my collection which feels like my old MK. Perazzi owners I know tend to spend a lot of time replacing springs at £40 a pop! Which I would consider to be a design flaw!
That old chestnut again. Two and a half years back I bought a second hand Perazzi and two years later a spring broke... I have no idea how old that spring was or how many shots it had fired before I got the gun but I shoot about 10k shells per year. As you can see I don't spend that much time changing springs and so in the course of two years shooting I replaced a spring which cost $78 per set of two and guaranteed for a full year. Nothing in the world is perfect but you know people will always go out of their way to point out things that are just not true. Now if my gun really did break spring every other month I would worry... no I would not really they would be replaced under warranty :)  

Seriously though by far the most popular trap gun on the stands down here is the Perazzi MX8 you will see three or even four in every line and yet I personally have only see one break a spring in a competition and he replaced the spring in less than two minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all Perazzi have leaf springs and i don't think i have ever heard of a coil one breaking ;)

2 of my Brownings have had the firing pins redressed not replaced at a cost of 25 gbp for the pair.

Winchester 8500 trap had to have a top lever spring replaced at about 30 gbp not broken just weak.

On the other hand i know someone with an old Lanber that has spent more time in the shop than his cabinet.

Good quality usually lasts whatever make.

Only Perazzi thing that would triggered me is a bespoke factor. Out of the box (if money isn't objective) K80. Sterling per pound value Japanese MK katana wins them all.

P.S. At the end of the day - it is a bespoken joy beating those MX nad K guys with MK :eek:)

That old chestnut again. 
Well it's not an old chestnut when's it's something which I see occur on a regular basis with different individuals, on different grounds. As with all forum contributors I think I'm entitled to an opinion based on what I've seen and to deny it is like saying semi autos don't jam!

Well it's not an old chestnut when's it's something which I see occur on a regular basis with different individuals, on different grounds. As with all forum contributors I think I'm entitled to an opinion based on what I've seen and to deny it is like saying semi autos don't jam!
Well let me see. I have fired at least 20k shells over two years though a gun I bought second hand which is more than twenty years old and I have no idea at all how many it may have fired before I got the gun... what is your idea of regular? I do know that no two springs are exactly the same but really tell me what you think is regularly... is one spring in two years regularly in fact I have actually only been present on two occasions when a spring has broken in four years. In honesty .. I don't believe you when you see this happen regularly I mean are Perazzi shotguns so popular where you shoot that are miraculously there when they go ping?

edit

Saying that you regularly see Perazzi shotguns breaking springs is not giving and an opinion ... its is stating a fact. Now I regularly see straight 25's scored at the clubs I shoot at ... it is not always the same person making the score though!

I have done the gun thing and the car thing now I just buy a car that fits. Citroen berlingo multispace with rear seats removed. Acres of space for guns and dogs 120bhp 50+mpg fully loaded and all for less than 17k brand new.... I suppose its the car version of a miroku. :)
An added plus is, that, if things keep going the way they are at present, there will be room for my wheelchair too !!    :D

Jwpzx9r, You appear to have taken umbridge or are agrieved at what I've stated about a brand which you are obviously in favour of.The author of this thread asked for opinions, so I gave one based on my experience not yours! Personally I don't give a rats whether you believe what I've seen or not! But feel free to continue throwing your toys out of the Pram! Bored now! Goodbye.

Jwpzx9r, You appear to have taken umbridge or are agrieved at what I've stated about a brand which you are obviously in favour of.The author of this thread asked for opinions, so I gave one based on my experience not yours! Personally I don't give a rats whether you believe what I've seen or not! But feel free to continue throwing your toys out of the Pram! Bored now! Goodbye.
Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

Anyway as already said;  MX 2000s has coil springs.  So the spring breaking debate is not relevant to this thread. 

No I don't take an umbrage at all... but I don't live in a fantasy world and I have real world experience of ownership of an MX8... like it or not they do not break springs on a regular basis unless regular is of the order of once every two years or so. You won't be reading this of course but it is also true as another poster has said you can have coils if you want ... you can even have a leaf spring trigger unit converted to coils if you want... have a nice day.

Considering that I don't own one anymore I'm firmly in team Miroku! I regret selling my MK10 although I now have a Browning  725 pro trap in my collection which feels like my old MK. Perazzi owners I know tend to spend a lot of time replacing springs at £40 a pop! Which I would consider to be a design flaw!
I too have known many a p owner get through springs, that's why serious p shooters have a spare trigger group. There is no denying it, it has been noted many times before and even p owners have owned up to it. I believe none p aftermarket springs are available or can be made.

so I am in blackstars camp with this one.

I too have known many a p owner get through springs, that's why serious p shooters have a spare trigger group. There is no denying it, it has been noted many times before and even p owners have owned up to it. I believe none p aftermarket springs are available or can be made.

so I am in blackstars camp with this one.
What a pile of sh*te!

ok perazzi do not have a history of breaking trigger springs 40up and many others do not have spare trigger groups for this very reason. I have not witnessed perazzi trigger springs breaking during comp and practice on many occasions over the last thirty years. Anyone who shoots anything other than a perazzi is an idiot.

that better for you..

At last...  Now just say Beretta are a heap of Sh1te and our job is done.. :)  

(Absolutly no idea why I'm saying that.. Currently using a DT10 for everthing. )

(PS I  have s spare trigger for that too)

ok perazzi do not have a history of breaking trigger springs 40up and many others do not have spare trigger groups for this very reason. I have not witnessed perazzi trigger springs breaking during comp and practice on many occasions over the last thirty years. Anyone who shoots anything other than a perazzi is an idiot.

that better for you..
To be honest that is even more sh*te... FFS keep it real. The man says he regularly sees people who shoot Perazzi shotguns break springs regularly. My question what is the definition of regularly? I don't doubt that springs do get broken I have broken one in my gun after two years and for me at least 20k shells on a gun that was bought second hand I have no idea how many shot had been fired with that gun before I bought it. Again I ask what is regular and I am not talking about seeing a spring break. I am talking about people who shoot their guns how often do they break springs? Some may say one is more than acceptable... but it is a price you pay for shooting the best trap gun ever made. Nobody forces people to shoot Perazzi shotguns but the world over they are consistently the best shotguns.

that better for you..

:lol: :wink:

At last...  Now just say Beretta are a heap of Sh1te and our job is done.. :)  

(Absolutly no idea why I'm saying that.. Currently using a DT10 for everthing. )

(PS I  have s spare trigger for that too)
You would need one because if it busrts a spring you can do sweet fanny adams about other than fit a spare trigger... a spring CAN be replaced one a Perazzi trigger in under two minutes.

I have no problem when people say hammer springs break from time to time on Perazzi shotguns... just don't spin the yarn that it is a regular occurrence for Perazzi shooters... but then again maybe once ever two years or so confers regularity for some? One can always find some sh*te talked about some aspect of shooting FFS I have heard of people who swear by using expensive cartridges in the belief they can break more target with them... now you will never hear anything more gullible than that!

John

all I can say is this. In thirty years of competitive shooting I have never broken a Beretta spring neither have I witnessed one break. I have however seen quite a few perazzi springs and know that many folk who shoot perazzi have a spare trigger group. Fare to point out have never witnessed a miroku or browning spring break. I cannot quantify it and tell you how many and over what period. You can hark on as much as you like but fact is fact and furthermore I take exception to you using such language as "sh**e" regarding my post as I do not ever reply to yours or anyone else's posts in that manner.

? One can always find some sh*te talked about some aspect of shooting FFS I have heard of people who swear by using expensive cartridges in the belief they can break more target with them... now you will never hear anything more gullible than that!
it is fare to say that inexperienced shooters will not be able to tell any difference between budget and quality cartridges but experienced shooters can and that is why no one ever won a world cup with budget cartridges to the best of my knowledge. You are my friend in a dream world.

John

all I can say is this. In thirty years of competitive shooting I have never broken a Beretta spring neither have I witnessed one break. I have however seen quite a few perazzi springs and know that many folk who shoot perazzi have a spare trigger group. Fare to point out have never witnessed a miroku or browning spring break. I cannot quantify it and tell you how many and over what period. You can hark on as much as you like but fact is fact and furthermore I take exception to you using such language as "sh**e" regarding my post as I do not ever reply to yours or anyone else's posts in that manner.

it is fare to say that inexperienced shooters will not be able to tell any difference between budget and quality cartridges but experienced shooters can and that is why no one ever won a world cup with budget cartridges to the best of my knowledge. You are my friend in a dream world.

That's why i swapped the box of superfast :wink:

exactly

they didn't suit you, but as I am crap at esp I cant tell any difference. But I can tell at trap ?

I rest my case mi lud ?

Back