Midland Grand Prix

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great feedback coming back from the shoot on Facebook from all levels so looks like its been set about right for a good fun shoot but enough to keep the top Shooters happy too. 

Can't wait to get out there tomorrow and put a score in, some top shots there again today so we will see if the weather has an effect or not.

Enjoyed the course, wind made some targets vary didn't quite do it enough justice shot some stands well    :hunter: but had a bit of a melt down,  down in the hollow in the wooded section and dropped to many here   :banghead: But luckily the rain held off for us to finish and stay dry but wind swept .

BIG thank you to the refs and staff out on the course all day in that wind   :thumbsup:   :goodjob:  

Day 2 Scores some good shooting especially  Tim stunning 143 in today's weather.

All to shoot for tomorrow.

If the links don't work pop to the Facebook page 

Shot this today nice course, stands started nice and steady and nothing was too testing, the course followed this level through to some tougher stands later on. Concentration was the order of the day and not letting the wind and the odd shower including hail effect your shooting. Some good battues through the course kept you on your toes followed by the frog style targets and some clever targets that baffled shooters even though they were no more than 15 yards.

A poor finish cost me but happy overall as if I take 3 of the 19 stands out, I had a good day!  

As a new shoot on the calendar it's a great addition and plenty wondering why there weren't bigger scores in but it's 150 targets in one go and it clearly effected a lot of scores, lots of tales of near straight scores around half the course before the wheels fell off. 

Well worth a visit for practise tomorrow or a trip next year, scores will be up on the Facebook later.

A big Well done to Scott and his team for pulling this off and all the shooters for getting out to support it.

Shot this today on 12:10 squad.

We were lucky to miss most of the rain but there was no let up with the wind.

Course ran like clockwork, not a single hold up. Had 4 no birds but all on the last stand.

Mostly set soft but more than enough to catch you out and the odd big or fast targets there.

My only criticism would be two of the targets, 

One wind affected 70mm incomer if missed (I got them all) was coming straight at your head! And two guys in my squad didn't shoot the second target as they had to duck out the way of it when they missed. And one the guy infront of me missed one which smashed into my stock whole.

The ref said it was the wind pushing it in as it wasn't doing the days before so just unforseen.

The midi on the driven Midi or Mini stand was a little bit ott as far as snap shooting goes! I hit 2 of 3 but mainly by luck, and there was a rope over the stand which stopped taller people being able to stand up! It pulled my hat off twice while trying to shoot. 

Two comments above are not meant in a petty fault finding way! Just some feedback from how all my squad felt.

On the whole I was glad I made the jurney and would go again!

Finished up with 132 x 150 and lost a good few to the wind so very happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back