Not today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

I had been considering going to Westfield today, but Kathleen has blown in and wrecked my plans. At the moment it’s blowing some 40/45 mph and the trees are doing a merry dance, the clincher for me was when I had to retrieve the bin from the bottom of the garden.
So I’m staying put and will look forward to a nice roast and a bottle of red.

What deters you from shooting ?

I had been considering going to Westfield today, but Kathleen has blown in and wrecked my plans. At the moment it’s blowing some 40/45 mph and the trees are doing a merry dance, the clincher for me was when I had to retrieve the bin from the bottom of the garden.

Same here Wyn. I've definitely morphed into a fair weather shooter. Must be all those years out reffing in all weathers. Or maybe it's just old age...:LOL:

And I don't much like coming home with the car looking like it's been on safari and hosing off the mud straight into the nice gravel where we park.

Been out to my local club shoot this morning. The wind was that strong that it was trying to blow my barrels around. Good practice session though.

It's not a day for competing with reg course setters egos today. Popped to a local place for a whack. As did lots of other reg shooters.

We have braved the weather in South Yorkshire today. To be honest the ground is in a bit of a valley so is fairly well covered although when the clays go above the trees they do some very peculiar things 😂 was raining when we arrived though so had a coffee in the car and it let up to reveal a beautiful day

Windy but dry and sunny down Dover, did move the clays around somewhat but it was the cold wind around my neck I did not like 😊

It’s funny but I only notice the bad weather when I come back into the dry. You will buy great waterproof clothing only once, it’s worth the investment!

Did the local club open comp, wish I hadn't bothered. Some standards the target presentation was totally different every time. Had one stand had an incoming looper which ended up as an outgoing looper. I think it was supposed to be about 30 yards, reckon it was more often 50 yards out when I was hitting it.

An 82 in the wind yesterday at Northampton after a 72 at Kibworth also in windy conditions.

I've spent quite a bit of time working on my consistency but the weekend was good in terms of - yes be consistent with mount point and kill point etc - but remembering to treat each pair on their own and accepting the misses and moving on.

Over the two shoots it was a steep learning curve but a good one.

MARRIAGE ! 😂

Back