Mid bead removal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Hi as I said today I have purchased a mk38, as standard the gun comes with a mid bead. I know it helps some people but I just find distracting I've removed the bead as it is only a push fit but is there any way to fill the hole in the rib?

Hi Tom 

If you find a good old fashioned gun smith, they can fill and match the hole. Worth getting done properly as nice new gun ect. 

Good luck

Simon

We'll I have spoken to my local gun smith and they have said they can do the repair for a nominal fee. I was thinking whilst he has the gun is it worth having a trigger job done?

We'll I have spoken to my local gun smith and they have said they can do the repair for a nominal fee. I was thinking whilst he has the gun is it worth having a trigger job done?
Yes.

Yes many Mirooks can benefit from a good trigger job!

Never known a serious mirook shooter not to admit the triggers are shocking and have them fettled.

Not an expert on such matters salopian will prob be along to cofirm but afaik its to do with polishing certain surfaces of the trig mechanism or something like that.

I have asked this question on another post but will ask it again WHY, WHY, WHY ???? You have only just got the gun. Shoot it for at least 6 montrhs and then you may just be used to it. If you are so desperate to spend your money, buy catridges and clays with it. Consider if you had spent a lot on the Beretta and ask where it is now ? Having shot the gun for a reasonable period of time, you should be more aware of what YOU consider are changes to be made and NOT what everyone else seems to think you need. Do not bother getting the centre rib hole plugged for any 'nominal' fee, push the centre bead back in and colour it out with black permanent marker pen if it bothers you that much. If your eye/s are on the clay you should not even be seeing the bead anyway. Do not forget when you are 'dry' mounting the thing, you will see far more of the gun than you will when you actually shoot it. Leave it alone and shoot it until YOU are sure of what you need to change.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure the question asked warranted a reaction like that but fair enough, I have threaded the hole in the rib and fitted a proper mid bead. And personally I find the trigger heavy and considering I'm the one spending the money I will choose how it gets spent.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi as I said today I have purchased a mk38, as standard the gun comes with a mid bead. I know it helps some people but I just find distracting I've removed the bead as it is only a push fit but is there any way to fill the hole in the rib?
"If your eye/s are on the clay you should not even be seeing the bead anyway."
If you shoot gun up or pre mounted it is a useful tool to reassure you that you have the gun mounted correctly and pointing at where your looking. After that you should focus entirely on the clay and trust where your subconcious mind places the barrels so you will not see either the mid or end beads. This will happen as you get more used to the gun and shooting it but don't be too hasty to be rid of it you may regret it later on.

No offence intended, but you have bought a superb gun, which in my 50 years plus of shooting a Miroku of one form or another, needs very little doing to it 'straight out of the box'. If you make all of these needless mods and then decide to swap the gun, you may have devalued it by some considerable amount. I spent last Sunday morning sticking comb raisers and other 'bits' onto a Beretta that had been 'altered' for the better (not) after advice from experienced shooters. It's owner had taken the gun to a "gunsmith" who has dropped the stock needlessly. The gun now needs the stock lifting by some 3mm. All of this work was done within the first few weeks of being bought. I was left with the job of proving that he had paid a 3 figure sum needlessly and the job now needs to be put right. He is not the first that I have seen and doubtless will be the last. Any mods that you carry out, make them temporarily so that things can be brought back to original easily. Only when you are sure, make it permanent.

Latest posts

Back